Tournament Administrator / Organizer
Las Vegas, NV
Estars Studios is the leading, independent producer of competitive gaming events, video content, and related services for esports and video games. We combine decades of experience in live sports production along with a deep passion for competitive gaming to create outstanding experiences. Our full-service company provides production, distribution, sponsorship sales, marketing, league operations, tournament facilitation and more. Our partners include the top game developers and platforms like Amazon, Mountain West Conference, Activision Blizzard, EA and Ubisoft.
We’re looking for an Esports Tournament Administrator to work on a variety of our esports shows as needed. Admins are responsible for the integrity of matches taking place, including moderating player questions and complaints, and ensuring compliance to Rulebooks and Codes of Conduct.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Assisting with organizing and running efficient esports tournaments
- Advising on on tournament rules and format
- Managing tournaments on designated platforms during live events (i.e. smash.gg, battlefy, etc.)
- Ensuring player adherence to the tournament structure and rules
- Following specific guidance and direction from a lead Tournament Administrator
- Being able to remain logical, fair, and right-minded when executing administrative decisions
- Resolving player complaints, conflicts, and disputes in a timely fashion
- Ability to give a detailed report when a ruling is made in the tournament
- Communicating with event participants via Discord to answer questions
- Moderating the stream chat as needed
- Data entry of tournament and game statistics as needed
- High school degree or equivalent, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1-2 years’ experience in esports, entertainment preferred
- 1-2 years minimum years in community management or customer service role
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, with the ability to respond to feedback and implement ideas in a changing environment.
- Organized, punctual and driven
- A passion for esports and gaming
- Strong understanding of esports competitions, formats, and platforms
- Proficiency with Google Drive, especially Docs and Sheets, or MS Office, especially Word and Excel.
- Experience working with competitive players or talent in a professional environment
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and work under pressure in a high stress, fast-paced environment