(Closed) Graphics Designer
We’re looking for a creative, kick-a*$ visual content genius to help bring the mind-blowing, bold, unique experience of Esports Tower to the masses. In this role, you’ll be creating unforgettable, visual content across all spectrums — print, digital, web and video.
Are you an experienced graphic artist fully versed in Adobe Creative Suite who also happens to be a esports enthusiast? Are you a recent graduate with a passion for gaming looking to unleash your creative genius? Are you a freelancer looking to expand your experiences working directly for a company that can keep you busy fulltime?
If you can create persuasive, provocative and compelling content that prompts audiences to take action; if you can create content so entertaining and interesting it prompts viewers to share, click, like and recall the company that created it, then you’re the type of person we want.
What You Will Be Doing
In this role, you will be part of our non-stop content production machine, working with the fastest growing esports development club in North America.
The ideal candidate will have experience in all aspects of the content creation process, including pitching content ideas, creating comps, developing original designs, selecting images, capturing event highlights, and editing content. We want you to own everything from ideation to creation, so if you don’t like putting in the hard work or being pushed outside of your comfort zone, this isn’t the role for you.
- Branding & Advertising: Evolve the Esports Tower brand and create compelling digital advertising for use on social networks and in search engine marketing.
- Website: design and maintain website pages for company and promotional events.
- Social Media Content: Create sharable content – still images and video. Cut, Trim, and Edit Gameplay, industry insider interviews or develop GIFs and PNGs
- Maintain media licensing records and comply with branded look/feel when required
- Event & training Videos: Support crafting memorable VOD reviews and event highlight trailers; Ensuring the video has a clean flow to music, incorporating interviews and speeches to help enhance and tell a cohesive story.
What You Won’t Be Doing
- Doing a job you hate or didn’t go to school for
- Sitting in a florescent lit cubical being micromanaged
- Creating boring corporate or client videos
Must Have Requirements
- Bring ideas to life – Ability to collaborate and communicate with other creative professionals.
- Exceptional listening and observations skills and detail orientation; spot storytelling opportunities
- Advanced PhotoShop, Illustrator skills. Ability to create compelling artwork that conveys brand and supports messaging that sparks engagement.
- Intermediate editing skills editing various video projects and inserting sound effects, music, and transitions. Projects must reflect the company’s brand and standards; audio adjustments, color correction, shot selection, transitions, cohesive flow, spelling, etc.
- Home computing setup with Adobe Creative Suite or equivalent editing software and high-speed internet.
- Weekly availability to Eastern Standard Time Zone (schedule can be discussed)
- Have outstanding ability to express enthusiasm, understanding and emotion through visual media
- Wide variety of work samples including teen or gaming marketing experience
- Strategic in your actions - not just creative; prioritizing projects to meet tight deadlines without typos
- Be a visual virtuoso with amazing taste and style that appeals to gaming audiences.
- Big idea person who can think on their feet in internal or client brainstorms sharing how to engage a teen, parent or esports industry audience.
- Digitally savvy, with experience in digital, social media, web, mobile, and alternative marketing media.
About Esports Tower:
Known as an esports training, tournament, and media business, Esports Tower is so much more.
Esports Tower was founded with the singular vision of building a better future for the next generation of Esports. Every day we strive to help inspire, educate, and connect teenage esports enthusiasts. Our supportive community is comprised of hard-core amateurs, professional coaches and players, colleges, content creators and industry insiders.
Joining Esports Tower makes you part of a fast-growing innovative team that helps develop and deliver teen training and tournament programs. Today, Esports Tower developmental clubs are the largest in North America. We stream weekly Rumble Tournaments through syndication partners on Twitch, YouTube, Amazon Video, Roku, Esports Television and more. Esports Tower events are the most-watched high school events in the USA, each Rumble averaging 40,000 – 70,000 viewers.
Throughout the week, club players aged 13-18, receive professional coaching, access to educational series, how-to webinars, one-of-a-kind access to esports professionals, universities, and scouts. Top teams and select players can also score go-anywhere study-anything scholarship prizes.
While professional coaches run our teen training and team event activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop partnerships with some of the world’s most recognizable companies, oversee event management, content development, and handle a wide range of responsibilities fueling Esports Tower’s growth.
What To Expect Next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” questions to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
- You will be paired up with one of our recruiting specialists who can answer questions you might have about the process, role, or company, and help you get to the final interview step.