London, Manchester or Remote
ESI is part of the Sport Global Group of companies, which has over 60 employees with headquarters in London, several offices across Europe, as well as in the US and Latin America. With ambitious expansion plans, Sport Global is a group of high growth and innovative companies focused on customer commitment and quality.
Esports Insider (ESI) helps to develop the esports industry by connecting businesses with the people and information necessary to succeed.
Based in London and founded in the summer of 2016, Esports Insider operates as a leading international media and events company.
It also runs industry news platform Esportsinsider.com, B2B focused digital and print publication The Esports Journal, ESI Events, and ESI Connect; an agency service; which is focused on brokerage, consultancy and campaign activation.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
To support the continued growth of ESI, we are creating a new role as a Marketing Manager. Until now, marketing has been handled across the team. This dedicated role will play a key part in driving, supporting and developing the ESI brand.
The role will be responsible for defining and executing on the ESI marketing strategy. Success will be judged on how the company’s offering is defined and how through promotion of ESI’s products and services, awareness, preference, conversion, and loyalty are maximised across the various global target audiences.
The Marketing Manager will also carry direct responsibility for coordinating the data-driven marketing activities. In addition, he/she will be responsible for other areas of the total marketing effort, but this will depend on his/her profile and this will likely change/grow over time as well.
The company’s marketing communication activities are predominantly digital, and the use of data analytics integrated with the company’s CRM system is a key area of development.
This is a very interesting position for a talented marketer who wants to get wide-ranging, hands-on experience in the many facets of B2B marketing in the esports industry with a high focus on the digital disciplines.
As such, they will be exposed to, and take the lead on, all marketing activities of the company, as well as interact with most if not all the other functions in ESI, such as Design, Editorial, Sales, and Operations.
The Marketing Manager will report into the MD of ESI directly.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop marketing strategy, using research and market metrics to contribute to the formation of a marketing plan to execute across ESI brands and services
- Create and deliver a focused Social Media approach across media, events, other ESI services, growing followers and engagement across ESI social media channels.
- Manage our current ESI Dispatch newsletter, and take the lead on the strategy, delivery and implementation to launch several new, targeted newsletters. Work alongside the Features Editor and Media Executive to deliver on this.
- Ensure the overall marketing strategy covers post event activities to maximise opportunities and further client engagement
- Work with partners and sponsors across ESI to ensure optimisation and delivery effectiveness from any activity
- Create and write promotional content for a wide variety of channels (website, print, PR, social, banners, email, etc.)
- Lead the effort to improve our targeting capability across all digital marketing channels, including the creation and maintenance of lists for targeted direct email campaigns
- Coordinate production and execution of data-driven marketing campaigns and analyse the campaigns’ results in order to optimise strategy
- Work with the Commercial Manager on the transition to Hubspot and establishing workflows to drive effective marketing automation
- Create specifications for websites to market each event. Assist with updates to the event websites (speakers, sponsors, exhibitors, agenda etc.)
- Collect, evaluate and make recommendations based on data from marketing activities (performance for website, email, social etc.)
- Collecting and reporting useful stats and KPI’s for event attendees
- Assist with production and distribution of various material (banners, ads etc.)
You must have:
- Experience in B2B marketing
- A genuine interest in esports
- Experience in digital marketing (SEO/SEM, online advertising, direct email marketing, social media marketing, data analytics, etc.)
- Experience of using data to increase effectiveness of marketing activities
- Demonstrable knowledge of improving segmentation and targeting capability across digital channels
- A creative mindset, always seeking new and innovative solutions and proposing concepts
- Great copywriting and proofreading skills, with creativity and attention to detail
- Knowledge of and experience with spreadsheet software (Excel, Google Sheets etc.) and presentation software (Powerpoint, etc.)
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and meet targets and deadlines
- Ability to work closely with colleagues and team members
- Ability to work in a structured way, prioritising a wide range of tasks
It would be nice if you had:
- Experience with marketing execution across verticals (email, website, social media) would be an advantage
- Knowledge and an understanding of the esports ecosystem
- Experience working in B2B events (in any industry)
- Experience with CRM systems and marketing automation
- Experience with mailing systems (Mailchimp)
- Experience with basic CMS systems (WordPress)
- A good creative eye for graphics and design
WHY ESI & SPORT GLOBAL
- Work within the fast-paced and exciting esports industry
- A fun, laid back but stimulating working environment
- Be part of a high growth and exciting news, media and event company