(Closed) Junior Graphic Designer
London, Manchester or Remote
Job Title: Junior Graphic Designer
Line manager’s job: UX/UI Designer
Department: Design and UX
Core hours: Mon to Fri 9am-6pm [GMT], but must be flexible to cover times of global markets
Compensation: Up to £25,000 plus bonus of 5%
ABOUT ESPORTS INSIDER AND THE SPORT GLOBAL GROUP
Esports Insider (ESI) helps to develop the esports industry on a global scale by connecting and directing businesses with the people, information and strategy necessary to succeed.
Based in London and founded in the summer of 2016, Esports Insider operates as a leading international media and events company, and agency. ESI operates across three core pillars; Events, Media and Connect (agency).
This includes industry news platform Esportsinsider.com, print and digital magazine publication The Esports Journal, ESI Events, which include networking breakfasts, conferences and more specialised events worldwide, as well as ESI Connect, an agency service focused on brokerage, strategy development, consultancy and campaign activation and delivery.
ESI is part of the Sport Global Group of companies, which has over 70 employees with headquarters in London, and several offices across Europe, as well as in the US and Latin America. With ambitious expansion plans, Sport Global is a group of high growth and innovative companies focused on customer commitment and quality.
Other group companies include SBC which produces leading events for the betting and iGaming industry (SBC Events), publishes numerous online industry news portals (SBC Media), and includes the consulting business SBC Advisory Partners.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We are looking for a highly creative and talented Junior Graphic Designer to join the Sport Global design team, who will be responsible for delivering high quality design materials for our ESI (Esports Insider) business.
You will report to our UX/UI Designer, who has led all design for ESI until now and will continue to provide oversight and guidance to your work, and will work closely with all of the ESI teams - marketing, events, and media - to deliver designs that meet the needs of this rapidly growing business.
This is a unique opportunity to develop your career as part of a larger design team (covering all of the Sport Global group) with guidance from experienced and talented colleagues, while being able to take substantial responsibility for all aspects of design for the Esports Insider brand. This opportunity would thus suit someone who is looking to progress their career in an environment where you are encouraged to be proactive and take responsibility for ensuring all designs deliver a great user experience.
The role is available due to an internal promotion.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
In this position, you will report to our UX/UI Designer. Your role will be to interpret and implement the creative vision across projects ranging from digital, social and print.
A dynamic, thorough and enquiring approach will be required as the Junior Graphic Designer will be called on to be involved in a range of projects and executions, with timelines ranging from the immediate to the long term. Fitting in as part of a wider, creative team, the ability to collaborate effectively is also a must.
Here’s what you will have to do:
- Work closely with the design/marketing teams to learn the processes and business goals
- Transfer specifications and briefs into functional designs
- Create and maintain design and brand library
- Liaise with the marketing, events and media teams to establish priorities
- Support the marketing team by producing high quality and consistent materials such as microsites, marketing emails, advertisements, event materials, banners and presentations
- Create websites and marketing campaigns from scratch, improving and perfecting a number of existing ones used for news, media and events
- Creative design suggestions and proposals for new events, media and development projects
- Provide accurate, timely and considered; visuals, accurate print ready artwork files and presentations
You must have:
- At least 2+ years of experience working with a solid portfolio of online projects
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
(Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign are essential), experience working with Figma is beneficial
- Excellent ability for creating effective layouts, producing pixel-perfect design systems
- A desire to expand your knowledge across multiple disciplines and learn whilst doing in a hands-on, fast-paced environment in a growing company
- A natural creative mind with an excellent eye for visual design and aesthetics
- Strong creative thinking and who can translate their vision to any kind of creative product no matter if it’s a brochure, advertisement or a banner.
- Have a good understanding of the print process and techniques
- Care about the company you work for and you don’t shy away from working off-hours when the situation requires it
- Excellent communication skills (both interpersonal and in writing) and you’re great at following directions
- Curiosity by nature and passion to learn everything there is to know about our business as well as any new technology or trends related to your work.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise effectively
It would be nice it you have:
- Experience with Agile / Kanban methodology
- Knowledge of Project management tools such as JIRA, Asana
- Basic knowledge of HTML5/CSS3 development for mobile and desktop web
* Note that an online portfolio for review is required
WHY ESPORTS INSIDER / SPORT GLOBAL
- Work as part of a team that are passionate about the rapidly growing esports industry
- A comprehensive benefits package including Group Pension Plan and Private Medical Insurance
- Be part of a high growth and exciting news, media and events company