(Closed) Esports Business Journalist
We’re looking to add one or two new freelance journalists to our growing content and editorial team providing leading business to business coverage across the industry.
The role primarily entails writing news and features, which can be anything from opinion pieces to interviews. It will also include some work for clients of our ESI Media arm.
As such, we need people who know esports from both a consumer and industry perspective, who are well-versed on how the industry is shaped today, and its developments across the world.
We need people who know how the industry works, and who understand the ecosystem. The ideal candidate is someone who works hard, is keen to prove themselves, and is good at keeping abreast of new stories and insights. A person who knows WordPress, who loves writing, and someone who has fresh and new ideas to bring to the table with regards to content.
You’ll join the ESI content team group on Discord, and work alongside them as well as the marketing, design, and sales teams. You will report in to ESI’s Head of Media, Editor, as well as the Managing Director.
We want to aid your development as an individual and, as such, will take time to help you improve with professional advice as and when required.
ESI is headquartered in London, but this role offers remote working.
- Report on news stories and write features that adhere to the high standard set by the ESI team. Produce content for ESI Media clients too.
- Help to grow ESI’s social media channels
- Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders throughout and around the esports industry, with a view to ensuring we break as many big stories as possible
- Represent ESI at industry events, and tournaments etc. where needed
- Help to promote ESI events and services
- A competitive rate of remuneration (Freelance to begin, but options for PT or FT in the future)
- Be part of the rapidly expanding (and quite fun…) esports industry
- Travel and attend events on our behalf
- Grow your reputation throughout the industry and make plenty of strong contacts
- A chance for your own ideas to come to fruition and to ‘grow with the company’