Senior Backend Developer
ggCircuit, part of the EEG family, creates world leading products for physical gaming venues such as Helix esports and many others. Over 650 gaming centers worldwide use our services to provide the best possible experience to their gamers with complete business management tools.
Our two projects one the market are ggLeap and ggRock:
ggLeap was first released in 2014, having the 2.0 version released July 2021. Currently it is a windows desktop client built with C#/.NET stack, along with UI that is a WPF wrapper with Webview2/Angular web content and is currently installed on over 13,000 active computers inside the venues serving over 1,800,000 unique users each month.
ggRock had its first alpha in 2019 and released in July 2021. It is a .NET Core application that runs on a Debian server utilizing lots of open source systems to deliver superb diskless boot experience for centers. It allows for all the client (gaming) PCs in the gaming center to PXE boot an image as a virtual drive, helping centers simplify the update and software maintenance process. We have 150 centers using this software to run 5,000 Machines this July.
What you will do as Senior Backend Developer at ggCircuit:
- Collaborate with product teams to define and implement new features in a fast-paced, iterative environment
- Deliver code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, code coverage and best practices for a high-scale web environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review
- Confidently ship features and improvements of different sizes with minimal guidance and support from other team members taking ownership of project areas. Collaborate with the team on larger projects
- Solve technical problems of significant scope, complexity and impact
- Make well-reasoned decisions that inspire and energize others, taking into account internal feedback and experience of others, their points of view
- Document the systems you help build and participate in specification process assessing edge cases and delivering actionable feedback during analytics phase
- Work with support to triage and debug support requests as well as provide direct
- Optionally, participate in on-call rotations with your team, triage and respond to issues, looking for opportunities to improve service health
Experience and skills that would be crucial for this position:
- Confident English language knowledge on CEFR B2 level (Upper Intermediate) - both verbal and written, to succeed in a remote and largely diverse work environment
- Experience working in an agile environment delivering complex, mission-critical 24x7 systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Fluent in C# .NET (5+ years of experience), having knowledge in ASP.NET Core and Web API. Web Caching (Fastly or equivalents) experience is preferred
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (specifically C# SDKs), Redis, Fastly/Varnish
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and management to collect requirements, identify tasks, provide estimates and meet production deadlines
- Experience with professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations
Advantages and nice-to-haves for some projects also include:
- OpenCV knowledge, Computer vision and OCR knowledge and professional experience
- Machine learning and Image processing, Object detection and Image Classification experience
- DirectX and Python production implementation and prior knowledge
- Advanced understanding of PXE boot and iSCSI
- Advanced Networking understanding, Virtualization knowledge (KVM), Docker administration and automation
- Linux administration, core APIs and Python scripts development experience
- Windows registry, boot order and drivers development experience
Why you should join
We are a 100% remote company and were remote-first from the start. We value your time, having a single 15 minute standup everyday leaving the rest of the day free for work on projects that you enjoy. You don't need to work a set schedule - we promote asynchronous work and only expect you to provide a 4 hours overlap with UTC 9am-5pm timeframe for team communication and collaboration.
We strive to care for all our employees which includes paid time off: vacation and base country public holidays. We continue to review and accept every suitable candidate regardless of race, gender and sexual orientation, building a diverse and inclusive workspace that everyone would be comfortable working in.
How we hire
At ggCircuit, we believe that in order to build the best products, we need to build high impact teams. Initial selection will be followed by a 30 minute conversational-style interview where we will talk more about the company, workflow and its products as well as ask you to tell us about things you have been working on for the last few years. This will be followed by a 45-60 minute technical interview to discuss how you approach certain problems and gain insight into your problem-solving skills as well as general tech experience.
We understand that it's important for you to be working with projects that are exciting but only if you are paid according to your skill and experience level. We certainly want ggCircuit to be an upgrade from your current/previous position.
If you are interested in the esports industry and love to work in leading edge technology, have many years experience in a senior role.