Director of Digital Marketing
HERE’S THE DEAL
We are a full-service Esports company that creates, manages and monetizes competitive video game leagues. We build a title’s competitive community from the ground up, growing it into a unique, professional and world-class Esports operation. We manage all league operations and produce expert live entertainment in-studio or at stadium-sized venues. We deliver monetary results by authentically translating our publishers’ and brand sponsors’ business outcomes to this massively diverse community.
We seek out ambitious partners and are the leading Esports company for new gaming titles.
We are experiencing breakneck growth and are looking for an individual that loves to make connections and steward lasting business partnerships; for someone who gets fired-up thinking about executing ambitious Esports products alongside the next generation of Esports developers and publishers and our expanding, high-energy team. We want someone who pushes back on the status quo and does things faster and better - because that’s what gets them out of bed in the morning.As a wise old man once said, “It’s dangerous to go alone! Take this.”
Job Status: Full-Time
Amount of Travel: <15%
Location: Burbank, CA or Columbus, OH
Work Environment: Remote/Typical Office
Work Schedule: Be prepared to build something great, including occasional weekends.
As the Director of Digital Marketing for Esports Engine, you will lead a team that helps clients connect their Esports programs to fans around the world. You will help us to formulate strategies, backed with analysis and clear cross-team communication, to bring together various partners and build gaming communities across the globe. Esports Engine is a leader in esports broadcast and production, and we are looking for innovators to drive creative decision making to help continue our growth throughout the years.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Lead and develop a marketing roadmap, content requirements, while balancing priorities, resources, community engagement and client relationships.
- Develop creative marketing activations that are successful across a variety of international partner programs.
- Recruit and strengthen a team of hardworking social media & community managers across multiple accounts.
- Partner closely with broadcast, production and other internal teams to build, drive and deliver innovative, compelling marketing experiences.
- Communicate concisely and align clearly with executive staff.
- Oversee a team to manage various clients needs in digital, social media & community management.
- Create and implement processes for internal departments and external client communication.
- Lias with both internal and external teams to ensure deadlines are met and a smooth approval process and implementation occurs.
WE NEED TO SEE
- Experience: 10 years of marketing experience, including campaign conception as well as launching, building, and growing multiple activations across various partners.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field
- Experience in recruiting, leading, and developing a team of marketing professionals.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, including broadcast, production, content and other internal teams.
- Experience in all relevant social media, content distribution and streaming destination platforms.
- Exceptional written and oral communication, and presentation skills
- Passion for Esports, video games, and gaming communities
- Understanding of the core values and variables that engage gaming communities across a diverse landscape of games, locations, and platforms.
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned or updated by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Statement
The Company will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please contact [email protected]
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Statement
The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.