(Closed) Competition Operations Coordinator
Competition Operations Coordinator
Position located in Columbus, OH
The Competition Operations Coordinator is responsible for basic functions of Competition Operations. These include, but are not limited to: tournament administration and operations (including online and offline), player and roster coordination, bracket and point systems management.
- Support the administration and client execution of live and online events and competitions.
- Collaborate with and help develop event support staff in tournament administration roles, including managing player communication channels.
- Serve as a key point of contact for administration communication, resolving disputes and solving for acute and broad problems as it relates to competition.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in competition equipment and relevant esports titles.
- Support all pre and post event execution activities, including but not limited to player communication, event planning, research and rules review, materials creation, and post-mortems.
- Operate communication channels with competitors and event collaborators.
- Support the formal documentation of Competition Operations processes, methods, and tools.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience.
- Ability to travel.
- Availability to occasionally work nights and weekends.
- 1-3 years of tournament or competition administration experience (solo or duo competitive environment strongly preferred).
- 1-3 years of experience with competitors ranging from amateurs to pro level players.
- 1-3 years of demonstrated ability to manage execution in a fast-paced, customer facing role.
- Knowledge and understanding of esports programs, leagues, and competitions (including rules and regulations).
- Proven ability to succinctly communicate complex ideas and issues in an effective way.
- Strong attention to detail and organization, with a drive for results, collaboration, and seeing a project through from start to finish.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel (strongly preferred), and PowerPoint.
- Soccer video game playing or esports experience.
- A passion for esports and video games.
- Degree in Sports Administration or related field.
Please submit a Cover Letter and Resume below to apply.