Position is located in Columbus, OH
The Broadcast Engineer will be responsible for all on-site technical broadcast equipment and process management including: installation, maintenance, and support of all broadcast productions.
- Manage setup process for all technical broadcast equipment.
- Direct and coordinate broadcast engineering support before, during, and after a broadcast production.
- Perform diagnostics, troubleshooting, routine, and preventive maintenance of broadcast and other technical equipment in the production facility.
- Monitor, analyze, and solve problems as it relates to broadcast equipment not limited to: cameras, digital switchers, communication systems, signal routers, media servers, character generators, studio automation, post-production, and non-linear editing systems.
- Develop, manage, and update broadcast engineering documentation.
- Lead studio standard operating procedures and general best practices for broadcast productions.
- 5+ years of overall broadcast engineering experience
- 5+ years of experience in handling broadcast systems and equipment, including analog/digital video/audio signals, monitoring, and test equipment
- 2-3 years of experience with networking and troubleshooting
- Proven ability in development, management, and operation of cloud-based production tools
- Frequent ability to travel
- Technical knowledge surrounding broadcast facility infrastructure and technology
- Familiarity with audio/video standards and troubleshooting procedures
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Proficiency with HD/3G-SDI with embedded audio
- Proficiency with AES/EBU
- Proficiency with Dante, MADI and AES67
- Proficiency with NDI, SRT, ZIXI
- Proficiency with video switchers/mixers, including Ross, Grass Valley, Blackmagic, Newtek, Vmix
- Proficiency with video encoding through hardware and software encoders including Elemental, LiveU, OBS, and any other major industry standard encoders
- Proficiency with audio/data dis/embedders
- Proficiency with closed-caption encoders
- Experience with audio console setup and operation
- Experience with cable termination including RJ-45, BNC, XLR
- Understanding of power distribution best practices
- Remarkable technical, organizational, time management, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organization, with a drive for results, collaboration, and seeing a project through from start to finish
- A passion for esports and video games.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience in Broadcast, Production, or related field.
- Schematic capture software experience (Vizio, autocad, ConnectCad)
- Computer aided drafting software experience.
Submit a Cover Letter and Resume by clicking the Apply button.