A1 Audio Engineer - Live Broadcast
HERE’S THE DEAL
We are a full-service Esports company that creates, manages and monetizes competitive video game leagues. We build a title’s competitive community from the ground up, growing it into a unique, professional and world-class Esports operation. We manage all league operations and produce expert live entertainment in-studio or at stadium-sized venues. We deliver monetary results by authentically translating our publishers’ and brand sponsors’ business outcomes to this massively diverse community.
We seek out ambitious partners and are the leading Esports company for new gaming titles.
Job Status: Full-Time
Location: Burbank, CA
The A1 Audio Engineer is responsible for the operation, configuration, maintenance, and documentation of various audio systems throughout various physical and cloud environments. Additional responsibilities include the training of project-based employees, the pre-production, production, and operation of on-site or remote events, and working with the larger EE team to ensure the audio needs of every production are met.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Act as EE’s audio operator on shows that range in complexity and scope.
- Be proficient in mixing and monitoring all audio sources for both live and taped programming, including but not limited to microphones, music, sound effects, and natural sound.
- Have an advanced understanding of the use of all broadcast equipment and technology within assigned operating areas, including but not limited to, audio mixing consoles, outboard equipment, MADI router digital audio delivery servers, microphone and IFB signal flows, mix-minus, intercom devices, Dante, broadcast routers, etc.
- Be able to troubleshoot any audio issues that may occur with hardware or software.
- Demonstrate highly developed knowledge of audio functions and plant signal flow/routing.
- File reports, as necessary, on specific working conditions and equipment status at the request of management.
- Prioritize and disseminate complex information among the entire control room crew in a clear and concise manner to ensure seamless productions.
- Curate a list of audio operators and provide recommendations of their skill level and fit our staffing team when shows are being crewed.
- Participate in training programs, (physical, classroom, virtual, etc.) for self-career development and/or regarding any relevant equipment and workflow changes within the operation.
- Train new operators in operational areas and generating training documentation.
- Provide basic A2 duties on shows when required.
- Research, identify and recommend resources and equipment required for task execution and completion.
- Ability to work well within a team environment and on your own initiative.
- Build a “best-practice” document or an SOP for all audio operators that EE contracts.
- Act as a contributor to steward a show’s creative vision through the live video suggestions and to push innovation forward in your field.
- Keep up with software updates and patch notes with audio systems and be aware of what new features are being added /removed between versions. Report findings to the engineering team so they can implement notes.
- Be a resource for Business Development when asked to consult on budget estimates that relate to your position: RO contractor rates, equipment rentals, etc.
- Provide feedback on audio workflow, content, and all show media elements in conjunction with the creative team when available/asked.
- Communicate and escalate issues to relevant project leads, project manager, and executive producer/account manager.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
WHAT WE NEED TO SEE
- 2+ years of practical TV Production or related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of equivalent experience.
- Certified Dante Level 1, 2, and 3.
- The ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays with the ability to alter shifts/days off to accommodate projects and departmental objectives.
- Extensive experience mastering audio in ProTools and iZotope | Ableton Software
- Advanced knowledge of all TV Production equipment and technology within assigned operating areas, including but not limited to; audio signal flow concepts, dynamics processing, equalizers, metering concepts, TV Production routers, intercom systems, signal conversion equipment, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of IP networking infrastructure, including IP schema, multicast environments, network topology, DHCP, & PTP.
- Experience operating Yamaha QL and CL Series, Midas, and Calrec.
- Experience with Riedel and Unity intercom systems.
- Proficiency with both macOS & Windows 10.
- Well-rounded experience in a live production control room environment.
- Ability to coach/mentor junior audio operators.
- A passion for video games, interactive media, and technology.
- Experience as an Audio EIC/Audio Guarantee in a live broadcast role preferred.
- Experience being singularly accountable for several tasks/projects.
- Willingness to thrive and take charge in ambiguity.
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned or updated by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Statement
The Company will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please contact [email protected] To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Statement
The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.