(Closed) Senior DevOps Engineer (REMOTE / ON SITE SCHENGEN EU COUNTRIES ONLY )
Senior DevOps Engineer - €70-80k (REMOTE WORKING OPORTUNITY- SCHENGEN EU COUNTRIES or In House
Work for the Best!
Here at Esports Entertainment Group (Nasdaq:GMBL), we are on a mission to offer the best gambling experience to the Esports world.
We are hiring an experienced DevOps Engineer to help us keep growing.
If you're dedicated and ambitious, EEG is an excellent place to grow your career. Don't hesitate to apply. We have offices in Poland, UK, USA, Canada and Malta
We live by these values:
- We believe we all have a part to play: We are focused on the same goals and help one another succeed. Our company acts as one team and supports each other.
- We are ambitious for our future: We are brave, try new things, test and learn to drive the right ideas forward. We also make the right decisions, always putting our customers at the heart.
- We celebrate each other: We are respectful, kind and welcoming and take the time to reflect on our achievements, recognizing both big and small.
To join a small, dedicated, group of DevOps engineers in the Infrastructure Engineering team responsible for industrializing the deployment of our online gaming sites and internal applications.
The right candidate will be a passionate engineer with a can-do and positive attitude, and at least 5 years DevOps / SRE experience on Linux. He will be a master at weaponizing our tech stack.
Ideally he will have an experience with setting up cloud agnostic infrastructures from the ground up. Deployments in a high availability and scaling infrastructure have no secret for him.
The right candidate will have an in-depth understanding of Linux platforms, OpenStack and Kubernetes. He will relish the opportunity to coach and mentor other members of the team.
Experience of terraform, puppet and AWX ansible is advantageous, as is a passion for coding and active involvement in the open source community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Platform automation through Terraform, Puppet, AWX ansible , K8s, Openstack : infrastructure as code!!!
- Platform monitoring through ELK, prometheus/grafana with a view to improve performance and reliability
- Work collaboratively in a team of around 5 agile engineers and with a wider engineering team of 30.
- Help foster an agile engineering DevOps culture
- Adopt good engineering patterns and practices
- Compile and maintain good quality documentation
- Provide DevOps support to the service desk, development and infrastructure teams
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in technology
- Provide technical leadership and direction
- Own the release of software to production
- Define and implement good engineering patterns and practices
- Collaborate with the software engineering leads to define cross-platform solutions
- Collaborate with product managers and internal business stakeholders to define platform requirements
- Define the technical roadmap in collaboration with the Head of Platforms and other engineering leads
- Architecture and design governance in collaboration with architects and other engineering leads
- Technical due diligence of third party platforms, solutions and integrations
- Compile and maintain good quality operational and systems documentation
- python, shell
- puppet / AWX ansible
- k8s/ Helm
- openstack /vmware Cloud Director
- At least 5 years DevOps experience
- Good knowledge and experience of Linux system admin
- Black belted in ESXi and Openstack: create from scratch an infrastructure
- Comfortable with regex, know how to configure nginx, haproxy, write complex varnish rules, tune JVM options and know other linux's stuff
- Know Python/shell, and happy to write code and able to do so collaboratively using Git
- Have experience with ELK, and have used monitoring tools , prometheus, grafana...
- Leadership and mentoring experience, coaching mid level engineers on best practices technical and organizational skills.
- Excellent stakeholder management experience
- Build and release experience
- Continuous Integration/Delivery/Deployment and Orchestration - Jenkins, git hub or similar