Head of Digital
Are you a revolutionary direct-to-consumer (D2C) change agent, looking for a fast-paced esports company where you’ll be in command of all digital, communications and content strategy? If so, we’re looking for a Head of Digital who can come in and shake things up since the recent public announcement of our metaverse for the esports community called EspoWorld.
Based from our new office in Slough, Berkshire (opening Q1 2022), you’ll be our face and voice, with a consumer-focused attitude who wants to make your own mark on our company and change how our community interacts with our products as well as each other.
As Head of Digital, our future is in your hands and you’ll be instrumental to our success. With a strong passion for esports and prior experience in executing digital, communications and content strategies, you’ll relish the challenge of creating your own strategy and delivering growth and an incredible ROI. Having had strategic and budget responsibility, you will ensure the delivery of a highly effective D2C offering and fantastic user experience.
With a start-up and entrepreneurial attitude, you’ll be prepared to take risks, learning from everything you do. Sharing all insights and experience with the wider team, you’ll ensure alignment across all digital activities and constantly promote a community-first mindset.
You’ll not only be a relationship builder but also an influencer, implementing excellent changes based on clear data, insights and trends. As a dynamic motivator of people, you’ll ensure the ongoing review of all digital activities, identifying and implementing process improvements, ensuring the function operates in the most effective way and delivers the best possible user experience. Using your coaching and mentoring skills you’ll begin to develop and grow a team around you as the function expands in 2022.
In your hands, EspoWorld and its products will be the innovative power behind our determination to become the leading fan engagement and commerce platform for the esports community. With the strength of our entire team behind you, the freedom to grow with us and the performance of our future motivating you, our company will be better because of you.
- Lead the Social and Content teams towards bold, specific goals and operational excellence
- Create and support compelling 360° cross-channel and content-led campaigns with clear targets, tracking and ROI outcomes
- Oversee the management of the Social Team to engage daily with our community and wider target audience across various online channels, also creating and updating a rule book that promotes this team to employ best practice with a responsible and goal-driven approach
- Oversee the management of the Content Team to produce GFX and VFX content for cross-channel campaigns in which you are a regular voice and face in this content, also creating and updating a brand book to establish high-quality GFX and VFX standards and consistency
- Liaise with Partnerships Team to maximise content value and maintain healthy relationships with commercial and strategic partners
- Ensure our communications with our community and wider target audience are aligned with our philosophy of global fan inclusion, equal opportunity and strong governance
- Support the CEO in establishing unique brand positioning and activation
- 5+ years experience in video gaming, esports, or sportstech
- 3+ years experience managing teams
- You understand the esports community, or a good chunk of it, and you bring insight about cultural, behavioural and social needs/norms in Europe and North America
- You know what good management, communications, content and ROI looks like
- You’ve managed a budget, successfully achieved digital growth and engagement, and can turn a new idea into an actionable task with well-defined KPIs
In this role, you’ll find success through specialist expertise, excellent leadership and decision making that is fan and community centric. We’ll be evaluating your past studies, professional experience and your personal relationship with esports and new technology including blockchain and digital assets. If you embody a burning desire to transform the experience of esports fans, this could be the role for you!
We'll only review applications for this role that include a CV and cover letter that outlines your motivations to work for our company. We're seeking candidates who demonstrate they've done their homework on our company and who also demonstrate a burning passion to be part of it.
Due to the critical impact this role will have on the company in the immediate and long-term, we’ll be conducting a 3-stage interview process to get to know you in the best way we can, and for you to get to know us well too. Stage 1: initial interview and discussion with our CEO (30min video meeting). Stage 2: second interview with our CEO and Head of Partnerships (60min video / in-person meeting). Stage 3: a campaign-based task (1 week prep) which you’ll subsequently present to our CEO and Head of Partnerships (60min video / in-person meeting).
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of our team. We’re drawn to creative, diverse and progressive thinkers who will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we’re excited to hear from you. Don’t be discouraged to apply if you feel you don’t fully meet every single one of the requirements for this role, there’s plenty of room for growth with us. If you feel passionate about what we’re building, we’re waiting to hear from you!