Community Manager Intern
We are a tech start-up creating a new, multi-team, esports fan engagement platform: www.espo.io.
As we plan to launch the Espo platform at the end of October and enter our go-to-market phase, we are currently hiring for intern roles in our team (currently made up of 50+ gamers and esports fans). We are keen to receive applications from strong candidates from any location. Our internships are remote positions.
You will have the opportunity to join a team that understands the esports sector and brings together several years of experience in video gaming, tech, finance, talent management and sports sponsorship from prior positions held with companies including AT&T, Société Générale, Sony PlayStation, Tesla Motors and TSM to name a few. This experience is further supported by our founders who have built successful companies over the past 10 years with company valuations over $80 million USD.
For this intern role, we are searching for candidates with the following personality traits. If this role doesn’t seem a perfect fit for you, please also see our other internships listed on Hitmarker.
You should be:
- The opposite of an Internet troll – i.e. you’re a great communicator, team player and a positive thinker
- Very motivated to make a positive difference for esports fans, players and teams
- Passionate about esports and video gaming and want to use this passion at work
- Excited to work for a professional, fast-paced and innovative start-up
- Proactive, attentive to detail and willing to go the extra mile
- Committed to putting fans at the heart of everything we do
You should have:
- At least 1-2 years experience in moderating and growing online communities across multiple platforms - especially Discord, Facebook and Twitter
- Deep knowledge in 2 or more of the game titles listed below
- Strong written and spoken English + fluency in a foreign language (very desirable)
A 3-month internship with the possibility to enter a full/part-time role with us in January.
Esports titles of interest to us:
- Apex Legends
- Arena of Valor
- Call of Duty
- Clash Royale
- Counter-Strike: GO
- DotA 2
- Formula 1
- League of Legends
- Magic: The Gathering
- PUBG Mobile
- Rainbow Six Siege
- Rocket League
- StarCraft II
- Super Smash Bros
- World of Warcraft
Above all, we are searching for candidates who are very hungry to gain further community management experience and who are eager to contribute to the success of our company.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Additional application instructions:
Applications open 12 October 2020 and close 31 October 2020. A short cover letter including your motivation and relevant transferable skills for this role is required. Please also specify which esports titles you are most knowledgeable in.