Video Production Manager
The Video Production Manager plans, organizes, and oversees all video productions within the ESL group from start to finish. In collaboration with the product and sales team, you prepare and oversee budgets, coordinate freelancers & external service providers, motivate and push your team to uphold deadlines, and are responsible for the executional side at events.
The Video Production Manager reports to the Head of Video Production and will be part of our Global Production and Operations team. This position is based out of our office in Cologne, Germany.
What you’ll do:
- Main point of contact for internal stakeholders on production execution
- Responsible for all organizational aspects of a production, including scheduling, budgeting, and the negotiating with and booking of external service providers and freelancers
- Support the Product team with suggestions for the execution of projects, on the levels of both cost efficiency as well as feasibility
- Be the main point-of-contact for video related inquiries on-site, before, during and after events and studio productions for both internal and external stakeholders
- Manage the scheduling of the Production team, efficiently organize setup, rehearsal, production, and teardown timetables
- Manage the production calendar to ensure proper personnel, equipment, and studios are reserved; ensure calendar updates are entered in a timely manner
- Identify ways to upgrade/ improve production operations and suggest steps to implement improvements, while maintaining current operations timelines
- Keep project budgets up to date and be in constant exchange with the Product team about changes in the budget or of the scope of a project
- Prepare reports and documentation of achievements and challenges during execution and after finalization of a project
- Liaise with external vendors, contractors, or suppliers to ensure that their products or services meet the organization's quality standards
What you need:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in video services and/or production management
- Proficient with video editing tools and comfortable with the technicalities of a production including budget planning
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in the English language, both spoken and written (required), Additional proficiency in the German language also highly preferred
- A good understanding of esports industry and its media needs
- Hands-on mentality, great team spirit and high motivation to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to remain calm in challenging situations, multi-task when needed, and manage time effectively to prioritize the workload
- Willingness to travel as needed
ESL Gaming is the world’s largest esports and gaming lifestyle company. Since 1994, the company has been shaping the industry and leading esports and gaming innovation on a global scale across the most popular video games with numerous online and offline esports competitions, and through premier gaming lifestyle festivals. The company operates high-profile, branded international leagues and tournaments under the ESL Pro Tour, including ESL One, Intel® Extreme Masters, DreamHack Masters, ESL Pro League, and other preeminent, stadium-size tournaments. ESL Gaming also produces and hosts DreamHack Open tournaments, ESL National Championships, grassroots amateur cups, matchmaking systems, and DreamHack’s gaming lifestyle festivals — which feature everything gaming under one roof. ESL Gaming is part of MTG, the leading international digital entertainment group. More information is available on our website.
ESL Gaming is an equal opportunity employer. We are creating a world where everybody can be somebody. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.