Site Reliability Engineer
What we are searching for:
You want to make a difference.
You are enthusiastic, autonomous, and eager to operate complex tasks.
You are willing to be part of the multinational Europe-based team and help us to achieve our goals.
As a Site Reliability Engineer (m/f/d) at ESL you will be part of the fluid team that maintains and improves the infrastructure that powers our online services such as ESL Play, CSGOHUB.com, and many other services. From our office environment to our datacenter, and to the cloud, you will work on projects to make our products and services more reliable, robust, automated and easier to develop.
Your Future Tasks:
- Giving feedback on and estimating upcoming work
- Researching solutions
- Planning work with your team
- Writing and updating tests
- Implementing solutions from dev to production
- Supporting environments from dev to production and ensuring site reliability
- You will need to be able to work as part of a (remote) team
- You often need to be able to work together with other development teams
- Possess excellent technical problem solving, troubleshooting, and communication skills
- Experience with Linux system administration (Centos/Debian/Amazon Linux)
- Experience with setting up different networking and routing configurations (e.g. AWS VPCs, traditional bare-metal routers, etc)
- Understanding of how Internet services work (DNS, TLS certificates, email, etc) and the configurations associated with them
- Knowledge of deploying and maintaining infrastructure on AWS or similar cloud provider
- Experience with deploying infrastructure as code with Terraform
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet or Ansible
- Experience in scripting languages such as Python or Bash
- Familiar with CI/CD concepts and applications (Git and deployment pipelines)
Nice to have:
- Experience with cloud native logging and monitoring (e.g. ELK stack, Cloudwatch, etc)
- Experience with development (in particular Golang, Scala, or PHP)
- Experience with infrastructure security and associated tools (e.g. Cloudflare, etc)
- Games or media or other industry experience
- University degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or a related field