International Operations Director
The International Operations Director supports the implementation of the global and regional business strategies for local markets. You will partner with the local Managing Directors in planning, developing, and driving regional business strategy with respective local markets. Drive the tracking of short and long term financial and operational objectives (profitability, revenue, productivity, and market share) in line with ESL vision and strategy, standards, and guidelines.
The International Operations Director reports to our Vice President International Operations and is a part of our Global Operations team. This can be a remote position in Europe with the ideal candidate residing in either Germany, Poland, UK, France, or Sweden.
What you'll do:
- Create and maintain an international management reporting system to provide financial information and key metrics on the regional and local level
- Lead communication between local / regional leaders and key internal stakeholders
- Support M&A projects to ensure seamless integration and business operations
- Monitor consolidated budgets for each country / business entity
- Assess country and regional performance against KPIs to identify trends and mitigate risks
- Support the exploration and eventual setup of growth opportunities
- On an operational level, resolve conflicts/ issues and ensure effective execution for critical areas such as matters related to product and market strategy, business development, investments, etc.
- Support the VP International Business in setting up and running the international license program
What you need:
- Master's / Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2 - 3 years of relevant work experience in a leadership role
- Languages: English plus preferably one of the following: Mandarin, Spanish, Portuguese
- Experience in international environments
- Understanding of esports in general (no specific esports experience required)
ESL Gaming is the world's largest esports and gaming lifestyle company. Since 1994, the company has been shaping the industry and leading esports and gaming innovation on a global scale across the most popular video games with numerous online and offline esports competitions, and through premier gaming lifestyle festivals. The company operates high-profile, branded international leagues and tournaments under the ESL Pro Tour, including ESL One, Intel® Extreme Masters, DreamHack Masters, ESL Pro League, and other preeminent, stadium-size tournaments. ESL Gaming also produces and hosts DreamHack Open tournaments, ESL National Championships, grassroots amateur cups, matchmaking systems, and DreamHack's gaming lifestyle festivals - which feature everything gaming under one roof. ESL Gaming is part of MTG, the leading international digital entertainment group.
ESL Gaming is an equal opportunity employer. We are creating a world where everybody can be somebody. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.