As a Data Engineer in the Digital Business Solutions department, you will join a team of passionate coworkers and support the Business Intelligence (BI) pillar with your expertise. The Data Engineer supports the existing BI projects / workflows / processes, as well as launching new ones to improve our foundation and scale the company for growth. As the internal point of contact for BI, you will partner with key business stakeholders to design and implement data solutions to meet their BI needs.
The Data Engineer reports to our Head of IT Office and Projects and is a part of our Global Corporate IT team. This can be a remote position in Europe with the ideal candidate residing in the GMT+1 time zone.
What you’ll do:
- Design, build, and maintain data pipelines and data models
- Leverage your programming experience (Python) to automate and improve ETL processes
- Craft and execute SQL queries to analyze and display data
- Review and verify the data and support the correct usage of the implementations you created, in close cooperation with the requesting department
- Come up with new technical setups based on verbalized needs or based on your own experience how to improve
- Evaluate and onboard new tools to streamline the BI workflow
- The project management part of BI implementations (executive summaries, timelines & progress, deadlines, resolve blockers)
- Coordinate and facilitate communication, including organising regular meetings
What you need:
- An understanding of modern BI setups / best practices (e.g. relational databases, RESTful APIs, cloud setups, deployment technologies) and ETL workflows
- Analytical mindset, a problem-solving aptitude and most importantly a can-do-attitude, that gets people excited inside and outside of the department
- Proven track record as a Data Engineer or similar role for at least 3 years
- You are a leading personality, you know how to inspire people to make a project successful
- Possess excellent technical problem solving, troubleshooting, and communication skills
Nice to haves:
- Experience in Microsoft PowerBI or similar tools (Tableau, Looker)
- Experience with OLAP and OLTP
- Experience in containerised application development (Docker) and container orchestration (Kubernetes)
- Experience with Linux system (Debian)
- Keen gamer/esports fan
- Worked with Jira / Confluence
ESL Gaming is the world’s largest esports and gaming lifestyle company. Since 1994, the company has been shaping the industry and leading esports and gaming innovation on a global scale across the most popular video games with numerous online and offline esports competitions, and through premier gaming lifestyle festivals. The company operates high-profile, branded international leagues and tournaments under the ESL Pro Tour, including ESL One, Intel® Extreme Masters, DreamHack Masters, ESL Pro League, and other preeminent, stadium-size tournaments. ESL Gaming also produces and hosts DreamHack Open tournaments, ESL National Championships, grassroots amateur cups, matchmaking systems, and DreamHack’s gaming lifestyle festivals — which feature everything gaming under one roof. ESL Gaming is part of MTG, the leading international digital entertainment group.
ESL Gaming is an equal opportunity employer. We are creating a world where everybody can be somebody. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.