Communications Manager/ Director
You are excited by fresh challenges.
You strategise and deliver meaningful results that change perceptions.
You thrive in an autonomous environment.
The Louvre Agreement established a unique collaboration between ESL, the pre-eminent tournament organiser in CS:GO, and twelve of the biggest brands/organisations in esports. A new project that has and will continue to redefine what can be achieved in CS:GO and esports more generally, the Commissioner’s Office is tasked with driving the realisation of that potential. To help in that regard, we are seeking a talented and passionate COmmunications Professional, who is armed with the skills and experience to drive awareness, engagement and support for the project across the esports ecosystem, but also into the wider sport, technology and entertainment ecosystems.
You will report directly to the Commissioner and work closely with ESL and the twelve teams’ PR departments, focusing primarily on the Louvre Agreement’s flagship product, the ESL Pro League. You will deliver a comprehensive Communications strategy, that will focus on B2B but will also secure B2C impact as appropriate. You will prioritise and harness the full range of tactics, platforms, media, events, tools and content possibilities to secure an impactful understanding of the project and what it means for the esports ecosystem and its stakeholders. You will build relationships, calendars and plans to support the strategy and then execute against the strategy, monitoring and evaluating as you go along. You will be a driving force in redefining expectations from those already within the CS:GO space, but also those currently outside.
This position is eligable for working remotely out of different countries.
Your Future Tasks:
- Position the ESL Pro League as the undisputed number one league in CS:GO towards a full range of audiences, including teams, partners, prospects, Valve, industry observers and other stakeholders
- Promote the Louvre Project’s benefits, achievements, goals and vision across events, media, influencers
- Build and deliver a proactive activation calendar
- Prioritise and tailor across all platforms and channels (digital and non, old and new), with appropriate content, tone, narrative and messaging
- Build relationships across media, event organisers, industry observers and commentators, spokespeople, advocates
- Monitor media and social media and ensure reactive communications are coordinated, strategic and timely
- Create or quarterback all content projects
- Liaise seamlessly with ESL and Member Team internal Comms resources
- University Degree in Media / Journalism, Digital Marketing, or Communications
- 4+ years experience in Marketing, Public Affairs, or Communications / Public Relations
- Proven track record of having made an impact in one of the mentioned areas
- Clear experience developing strategies as well as executing against them
- Excellent communications skills
- Experience building fruitful media and conference organiser relationships
- Detailed understanding of esports business, CS:GO or gaming native
- Experience supervising freelancers, agencies, subordinates
- Exemplary personal and professional conduct
- Well-structured and organized
- Fluent or native in English, both written and spoken
Nice to have:
- Capable of identifying and setting priorities
- Creative and critical thinker
- Technology savvy
- Experience working in an agile, dynamic, highly international environment
- Highly dependable, self-motivated and strong team player
The Louvre Agreement governs the collaboration between ESL and twelve Member Teams that focuses on the ESL Pro League but covers a whole spectrum of other CS:GO related products. The Commissioner’s Office was formally established in August 2020 and is tasked with uncovering and developing the full range of opportunities that stem from this collaboration. The goal is to cement and grow the project’s reputation as a new, exciting and rewarding paradigm for CS:GO, for esports and for those interested in aligning with the project.
ESL, the world’s largest and leading esports company, together with Astralis, Complexity, Ence, Evil Geniuses, Faze, Fnatic, G2, Mousesports, NAVI, NIP, Team Liquid and Team Vitality are committed to redefining the future of esports. Working together with these parties, the Commissioner’s Office values independent, creative and ambitious mindsets. The right person will grab this opportunity and grow it, changing perceptions along the way.
You feel ready for the challenge? Please fill in our application form including your earliest starting date and your desired salary. Please add the requested documents in PDF format.