(Closed) Camp Technology Instructor III
Are you looking for the best summer job ever? Look no further because ESF is hiring Technology Instructors to work across our 13 locations from mid-June through mid-August!
Join our mission-driven team for a fun and rewarding summer! Make a positive impact on children while receiving comprehensive training, professional development, unique resume building and networking opportunities. ESF offers competitive compensation, accredited internships and field work hours for graduate and undergraduate students, CEU credits for teachers, flexible schedules, year-round aftercare, mentoring opportunities and an employee referral program consisting of bonuses and ESF gear!
What will you do all summer (in addition to having fun with your campers and fellow team members)? A Technology Instructor is responsible for:
- Supervising campers (ages 6-15)
- Actively participating in all camp activities
- Providing a safe and fun learning environment and serving as a positive role model
ESF is hiring motivated leaders with prior experience supervising children who believe in ESF’s mission, build positive relationships and ensure the well-being of others.
Position Scope Factors
2019 Technology Camp offerings include Robotics, Video Game Design, Roblox, Minecraft, Photography and Filmmaking, Virtual Reality, eSports, and Coding!
Technology Instructor hours are from 8:15am-3:45pm; Monday – Friday. Start and end times may vary depending on the location and camp. Technology Instructors also have the opportunity to work extended hours for additional income. Depending on the location, Technology Instructors work up to ten (10) consecutive weeks from mid-June through mid-August.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Supervise a group of campers focusing on behaviour management, safety, security, and skill development
- Work daily in classrooms that cover multiple technology topics
- Implement and prepare the camp curriculum
- Impart your knowledge and expertise as an instructor, resource and guide
- Lead campers in the learning process through the use of skills such as: innovation, creativity, communication, critical thinking, problem solving, ethical decision making, collaboration, teamwork, time management, empathy, and leadership
- Use effective classroom management skills to lead the activity and effectively create a fun environment
- Work effectively with fellow team members and collaborate on daily responsibilities
- Provide oversight and instruction for your support counselor(s)
- Complete assigned paperwork
- Exhibit ESF Core Values at all times, and to adhere to all company policies
- Have fun!
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Position Competencies for Success
- Understand and support the mission of the organization
- Commit to the growth and development of youth
- Work effectively with others in all levels of the organization in a professional manner
- Demonstrate outstanding communication skills; using clear, concise and professional language when interacting with campers, camp families and colleagues
- Be responsible, reliable and safe
- Always have a positive, can-do attitude
- Be patient, caring and creative
- Produce consistent, high-quality work
- Demonstrate excellent judgment; identify problems and work quickly to find solutions
- Be a flexible, adaptive and a team player
- Desire to make a difference in the life of a child
- Understanding or interest in STEM programming/subject matter
- Prior classroom teaching/field work experience or two (2) years of ESF experience
- Previous experience working with children
- Previous camp experience preferred
- Minimum two (2) years of college completed preferred
- Enrolled in or successfully completed an education-related or child-related major/course of study preferred
- Reports directly to the Camp Director. May also take direction from and is overall accountable to the Site Director.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Push/pull, lift and carry a minimum of 35 pounds across campus
- Work outside, upright and mobile for 6-8 hours per day
- Respond to emergency situations which may include running (up to 1 mile in some cases) and ascending stairs without undue exertion
- Possess physical capacity to fulfill all essential job functions – responsibilities listed above
This job description is subject to change at any time.