Virtual Production Programmer
WHAT WE DO
Unreal projects have been leading the pack of real-time entertainment with our constantly growing team of engineering experts. We’re always improving on the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Epic Games is in search of a Virtual Production Programmer to empower the use of Unreal Engine and real-time technology in filmmaking, broadcasting, and live events production. Virtual Production with Unreal Engine can play a role from previsualization all the way through to final post, blending traditional shooting techniques with performance capture, virtual reality, and interactive scene collaboration in service of the filmmaker’s vision. Unreal Engine is also leading the way in broadcasting of TV content with real time motion graphics and virtual sets. For Live Events, Unreal Engine is used in the deployment of multi display projection clusters for breathtaking shows.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and be able to design and implement new engine features and pipeline tools with little to no direction. This position requires a person with a broad set of technical skills who is ready to take on great challenges and make an impact on the film, broadcast & live events industry as a whole.
In this role, you will:
- Designing and implementing tools and engine features related to Virtual Production for Unreal Engine 4
- Bug fixing and maintaining the Unreal Engine 4 code base
- Supporting external customers by answering their requests and questions
- Work in collaboration with external customers to deliver industry-leading projects that utilize Unreal Engine and real-time technology to the fullest.
What we’re looking for:
- Excellent C++ skills
- Familiarity with virtual production and film/tv production workflows.
- Understanding of key virtual production and film/tv development areas such as performance capture, encoded hardware devices, live video, and virtual reality is a plus.
- Experience writing tools that improve the user experience of the consumer of the tool or that add some obvious value to game development or similar field
- Well versed in software engineering principles
- Familiarity with an existing game engine with an understanding of game engine and editor concepts
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine 4 is a plus
- Experience developing in a large codebase; ideally experience designing and implementing a tool from the ground up
- Demonstrated ability to communicate fluently in English (written and verbal)
This is going to be Epic!
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!