UI Programmer Internship
Epic Games Fortnite Platform Team is looking for a smart, creative Programming Intern to join them for Summer 2021. Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
Some Of The Things We’re Responsible For Are
The Fortnite Platform Team works to make the biggest franchise in the industry a great player experience.
- Creating a place where you and your friends can meet, team up and get in on the action.
- Giving the player more things to aspire to besides having the most eliminations.
- An engaging and deep reward system that motivates players to challenge themselves.
- Letting players know about competitive events, and exclusive content.
- Help in making some of the biggest events on Fortnite become possible.
The Responsibilities Of The Intern Include
- Build a solid foundation around learning the core systems and best practices.
- Work on UX projects to reinforce the foundation.
- Work on exciting features that amaze and delight players.
- Work with some industry leading artists to build jaw-dropping video game experiences.
- Be accountable for features after shipping, including general bug fixes and iteration.
- Focus on UI programming plus other tasks.
- Projects on this team are heavily reliant on C++.
- Knowledge of UI programming.
- Unreal Engine experience is a plus.
- Being able to collaborate and work well in a Team of different disciplines: Engineering, Art, Design.
- Obsessing over details to really make a feature shine.
- Work in a collaborative team setting to write highly reliable code.
This is a paid, remote internship for Summer 2021. All candidates must be eligible to work 40 hours per week within North America. For more information about Epic Internships, visit
This is going to be Epic
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here .