UI Engineer Lead
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Engineering at Epic
What we do
Unreal projects have been leading the pack of real-time entertainment with our constantly growing team of engineering experts. We’re always improving on the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic.
What we do
The Fortnite Creative Team is bringing the entire toolset of Unreal Engine and the Unreal Editor to developers and creators to make and publish experiences within Fortnite. On Fortnite Creative, the UI plays an integral role as the primary means for Creators to create new games and experiences.
You will lead the development of several new in-game and meta UI experiences as we flesh out and develop Fortnite Creative, allowing creators to build the next generation of amazing gameplay experiences.
What you’ll do
As a lead of a small team of UI programmers, you will be expected to be hands-on and contribute across a variety of online full-stack UI features on all hardware platforms.
In this role, you will be responsible for
- Driving prototyping, implementation, and execution of major Creative UI screens and flows
- Working with other discipline leads to ensure that UI meets aesthetic and functional requirements
- Attending to every detail, especially with regard to compliance, layout, and design
- Growing and mentoring a small team of UI programmers
- Architecting, planning, and implementing new UI systems
- Contributing ideas toward all aspects of the game’s production and development
- Writing robust, maintainable code
- Working closely with artists, designers, and other programmers on cutting-edge features that support player experiences across Fortnite
What we’re looking for
- Exceptional C++ programming skills
- Strong problem-solving, logic, and troubleshooting skills.
- Online service integration experience
- An ability to architect system frameworks and tools
- Experience with multithreading, asynchronous, and event-driven programming
- Passion for building great user experiences and products that serve diverse use cases
- Keen analytical mind and mature problem-solving skills
- You’re user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
- Experience with one or more of the following: game engines, consoles (Xbox, Nintendo, Playstation), or mobile (Android, iOS)
Who we're looking for
You’re user-focused, scrappy, solutions-focused, innovative, and passionate for building great user experiences and products that serve diverse use cases. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.