(Closed) Tools Programmer Internship (Cinematic)
Epic Games Unreal Engine Sequencer Team is looking for a smart, creative Tools Programmer Intern to join them for summer 2020. Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
The Sequencer Team is responsible for tools that allow content creators to generate real-time cinematic sequences. Sequencer has been at the center of showcasing many of engine’s new features, including ray-tracing and virtual production, and has been used to create many of Epic’s cinematic trailers, including Fortnite season trailers. It ties together all aspects of the engine, ie. rendering, audio, vfx, so it’s a great introduction to the engine as well.
- Working closely with the Tools team members to create and implement new engine features, such as hierarchical and optimized track evaluation, posing and animation systems, automated cameras and tracking systems.
- Working on tools that directly contribute to demonstrating the state of the art in the Unreal Engine.
- Improving existing features in the engine editor.
- Investigating and fixing bugs to improve the overall editor experience.
- Degree work in CS or related fields
- Strong C++ knowledge
- Strong background in math and logic
- Solid communication skills and strong work ethic
- Game engine fundamentals, UE4 experience a plus
- Experience with core system tasks, such as graphics, tools, audio/video, networking, memory handling, script compilers, I/O, etc.
- We would like to see samples of your technical work online (Github, personal site, etc.)
This is a paid internship, running May 26 through August 14. All candidates must be eligible to work 40 hours per week on site in Larkspur. Intern recruitment for summer 2020 roles will run through February 2020, or until teams find an ideal match.
This is going to be Epic!