Technical QA Analyst - Virtual Production
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
QA at Epic
What we do
Epic Games is looking to significantly expand its internal full-time Quality Assurance team. We are looking for serious QA professionals with wide ranging skills and experience who want to work embedded on a development team. Whether you have very limited QA experience or you have 15 years or more, we have a position for you.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic.
What you’ll do
Epic Games is in search of a Virtual Production Technical QA Analyst to advance the use of Unreal Engine and real-time technology in filmmaking, broadcasting, and live events production. A Technical QA Analyst owns the testing process, risk management, and quality evaluation of a given feature, function or set of work and is part of a rapidly iterating development team working closely with developers and production.
Virtual Production with Unreal Engine can play a role from previsualization all the way through to final post, blending traditional shooting techniques with performance capture, virtual reality, and interactive scene collaboration in service of the filmmaker’s vision. Unreal Engine is also leading the way in broadcasting of TV content with real time motion graphics and virtual sets. For Live Events, Unreal Engine is used in the deployment of multi display projection clusters for breathtaking shows. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and be able to validate new engine features and pipeline tools with little to no direction. This position requires a person with a broad set of technical skills who is ready to take on great challenges and make an impact on the film, broadcast & live events industry as a whole.
In this role, you will:
- Work with product owners, developers and QA management to define acceptance criteria, identify risks, and plan testing coverage for upcoming features / releases
- Leverage production knowledge to create test strategies and test plans that cover multiple features in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Use a mix of manual and technical testing skills to execute a variety of testing techniques to analyze the quality of the product
- Analyze and troubleshoot reported defects and internal issues
- Report and track for data quality, and using that data to drive conversations around product quality and development health.
- Coordinate test efforts between geographically distributed teams, vendors and agencies to deliver the highest quality product
- Work in collaboration with external customers to deliver industry-leading projects that utilize Unreal Engine and real-time technology to the fullest.
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of proven track record of successful contributions to the release of high-quality products
- Well versed in test methodologies and iterative development
- Familiarity with an existing game engine with an understanding of game engine and editor concepts
- Familiarity with on-stage workflows or pipelines in the context of Virtual Production, such as performance capture, virtual reality, LED walls, video equipment.
- Ability to prioritize and work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Familiarity with functional and usability testing strategies, as well as cross-platform or cross-browser testing experience
- Ability to thrive while working in a fast-paced working environment, with the ability to juggle multiple projects
- Demonstrated ability to communicate fluently in English (written and verbal)
- You’re user-focused, passionate, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Nice to have skills
- Knowledge of CMS (Content Management System)
- Prior experience with test automation tools
- Previous experience with Unreal Engine 4
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
We pay 100% for benefits for both employees and dependents and offer coverage for supplemental medical, dental, vision, critical illness, telemedicine, Life and AD&D, long term disability insurance as well as weekly indemnity (short term disability), retirement savings plan, EAP (employee assistance program), meals and transportation.
This role is based in:
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy