Technical Product Manager, Cloud Infrastructure
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Epic Online Infrastructure
What We Do
We enable Epic’s online services teams to build, deploy, and manage services that are used by more than half a billion players around the world. Our mission is to provide world class tools and platforms to improve the experience of our developers and make it easier, faster, and safer to build, operate, and scale their applications. We operate at massive scale as one of the largest cloud computing users in the world.
What You'll Do
You will be the vision holder for our cloud infrastructure platform, collaborating with production, development, operations to build new features, services, processes and growth plan all in continuous alignment with a vision and strategic roadmap. You will work closely with our product development, infrastructure, and platform engineering teams to define the roadmap for our internal platform. You are responsible for driving better developer experience through deep engagement with our developer community, disciplined analysis, and iteration with measurable goals.
In This Role You Will
- Define longer-term product direction across cloud infrastructure and platform engineering.
- Own the roadmap for our infrastructure platform to balance internal customer needs with internal customer needs, platform vision, and Epic’s long term strategy to allow us to deliver incremental solutions that build toward the long-term vision for the platform.
- Partner broadly across our engineering teams to build feedback loops to understand their needs and ensure that our strategy and roadmap aligns to deliver the best possible developer experience.
- Work side-by-side with our infrastructure and platform engineering teams.
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years of experience in a mix of cloud infrastructure, platform engineering, and product management roles.
- Technical understanding of cloud infrastructure and DevOps combined with a customer-focused mindset.
- Ability to work across different disciplines and teams to build a cohesive product vision for our infrastructure platform.
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and using both qualitative and quantitative methods to define a prioritized roadmap.
- Good balance of IQ & EQ to be able to solve both technical and social challenges
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 3,000+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.