Technical Artist Lead
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Discipline at Epic
What We Do
We drive adoption and usage for Unreal Engine and provide our customers with the tools and support to make amazing visual projects in the Unreal Engine.
What You’ll Do
The Technical Artist Lead oversees a growing team of Technical Artists who provide support to Unreal Engine licensees. The ideal candidate will have experience leading a customer-facing technical team (preferably technical artists) and a passion for delivering excellent support to internal and external customers.
In this role, you will
- Lead a team of Technical Artists, including hiring, mentoring, and performance management.
- Identify and implement efficiencies in process and communication that improve the experience of both internal and external customers
- Establish and reinforce best practices for support
- Drive the creation of knowledge base articles and documentation to proactively address needs
- Create and maintain analytics to identify areas for change and monitor ongoing processes.
- Develop a pipeline for recruiting Technical Artists, as well as pathways for growth within the team and beyond.
- Build relationships across the organization to ensure that the team is collaborating effectively and providing value to Sales, Engineering, and other stakeholders.
- Serve as an escalation point for the team, as well as an interface between Sales and Support
- When needed, facilitate in-person customer and partner interactions, in conjunction with the appropriate SME’s.
- Assist Sales and Support with high-level project reviews and specs to ensure we achieve business goals and allocate the right resources
- Support business initiatives (e.g. Labs and short-term projects) through appropriate resourcing and collaboration
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor's degree (computers, math, science preferred) or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated experience leading a technical, customer-facing team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for mentoring and helping technical artists
- Self-motivated individual who takes ownership of problem-solving and works proactively to improve processes
- Experience in software, game development, or an industry using the Unreal Engine
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love we have for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here .