What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Art at Epic
What We Do
Push your artistic talent to the limit on a team of world-class environment, character and concept artists who strive to innovate and inspire.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic.
What You’ll Do
Epic Games is searching for a Senior Technical Animator with a passion for realistic character movement to join our Twinmotion team working on various projects in development. In this talented team of veteran and emerging artists, you’ll collaborate across teams, and contribute directly to Twinmotion and other Epic projects. Joining this team means you’re motivated to seek solutions to problems and work with other artists to make positive changes to models, movements, and tools.
The heart of this role is rigging and skinning Epic’s never-ending line of photorealistic content, having a great understanding of the fundamentals of animation and how they relate to realistic animation, and the ability to implement animations in the Unreal 4 editor using our animation blueprint system.
In this role, you will
- Rigging characters, assets and vehicles
- Setting up assets in Unreal Engine 4; including cloth, physics, blueprints
- Create or retake character real life animations for architecture
- Implement animated assets in Unreal Engine 4 using our animation blueprint system
- Work with the team to help drive an hyper realistic animation style
- Give strong guidelines to outsourcers and manage incoming data
- Assisting with pipeline tools and working with engine and project leads on continuous improvement of those engine tools
What We’re Looking For
- Extensive experience rigging characters in Maya
- Good instincts for realistic motions
- A portfolio demonstrating rigging for a range of characters, animals and mechanics
- Attention to aesthetic detail, especially with regards to character deformation and physics movement
- Familiarity with the Unreal Engine 4 art pipeline
- Positive individual with strong written communication and teamwork skills
- Exceptional problem-solver
- Python programming a plus
- You’re user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.