Strategic Sourcing Category Manager
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Procurement at Epic
What we do
The mission of our Procurement team is to find great suppliers that help scale our growing company, and negotiate deals that ensure our mutual success. We aim to focus our attention on important supplier relationships while providing infrastructure to enable the business to buy goods and services efficiently and cost-effectively.
What you’ll do
The Successful Candidate Will
- Partner with senior stakeholders to understand their business needs
- Combine data and analytical thinking with market knowledge to develop innovative category strategies
- Manage large competitive bid projects (Request for Proposals and eAuctions) to select suppliers and negotiate great deals
- Draft and negotiate contracts, in partnership with Legal
- Manage supplier relationships, to ensure they perform to high expectations and continue to deliver innovation and added value
What we’re looking for
The Successful Candidate Will Have
- Significant Procurement, Strategic Sourcing or Supply Chain management experience; including running multimillion-dollar competitive bids (Request For Proposals) and eAuctions
- Deep category expertise in one or more of the following spend categories: Professional Services/ Outsourcing, IT, Construction, Facilities Management, Marketing, or Events
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Experience in contract drafting and supplier management
- Strong Collaboration and business partnering skills
- The ability to work in fast-paced, ambiguous environments and adapt to changing priorities
- Excellent communication skills
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here .