Sr. Backend Engineer, Analytics
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Epic Games is seeking a Sr. Backend Engineer, Analytics to join our team.
Epic Games is growing and is looking for Senior Backend Engineers to join our mission in delivering free, cross-platform game services for all developers. This role will help guide the future of the online platform that powers our games, such as Fortnite, Rocket League and Fall Guys, the Unreal Engine, the Epic Games Store and the Epic Online Services. Epic believes in an open, integrated gaming community and this opportunity is to help us build just that on a global scale.
As a member of our team, you will craft highly available, high throughput, low latency services at scale, synchronous and asynchronous services, persistent connection services, and a variety of other systems. These will all help to power our internal products and enable external development teams all over the world. The Online services team is a collaborative environment and a successful candidate will help to foster an open, supportive culture in which everyone can be successful and their authentic self.
- Get things done: Epic empowers engineers to assess a challenge, craft a solution, and implement it
- Write distributed systems to handle large scale challenges (we use Java, Scala)
- Work with public cloud infrastructure to facilitate a fast moving ecosystem (we use AWS)
- Own the entire lifecycle of services, including live operations and deployment
- Craft solutions using modern SQL and nonrelational databases
- Work together with both upstream and downstream service owners, producers and other cloud, infrastructure and embedded DevOps engineers to ship solutions
- Own the outcome - Be accountable for the solutions you build and flexible around the ambiguity of the problem space
- 5 years of software engineering experience, with experience in developing online systems
- Proven track record of operating live services
- Experience with big data systems & analytics solutions
- Experience working with a team of engineers to solve large and ambiguous problems
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to provide, solicit and accept feedback constructively
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 3,000+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.