(Closed) Solution Architect
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Engineering at Epic
Unreal-powered projects have been on the bleeding edge of real-time entertainment for over 20 years. Our team of engineering experts are always innovating to improve the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What You'll Do
You will work as a Solution Architect in the Media and Entertainment vertical of our Unreal Engine business development and sales group for Europe. In this one of a kind role, you will work with potential licensees to help them understand the value of the Unreal Engine, communicate new features, roadmaps, insights, best practices and excite them. You will assess the needs for their projects and find solutions with some of our biggest Animation Studios. Some travel will be involved. The role can be based in any of our Epic locations in Europe, such as Guildford, Berlin, Stockholm and Helsinki.
In This Role You Will
- Engage in short- to mid-term engagements with clients, assessing their needs for adoption and success with UE
- Find solutions and guide licenses through complex linear animation workflows
- Demonstrate the value of the Unreal Engine in solving linear animation specific challenges
- Effectively identify customer needs and risks, outlining deliverables and scoping work to address them
- Recommend workflows and optimizations based on industry expertise and best practices
- Work with Business Development and Support to develop effective onboarding plans and assist in implementing as needed
- Partner with technical resources in Support, engaging assistance onsite or remotely when appropriate
- Provide mentoring and hands-on training for clients in partnership with the training studios and partnered support.
- Communicate effectively to a variety of stakeholders, both internally and externally, keeping them informed and effectively delivering high-touch support.
- Collaborate well and grow cross-functional relationships to ensure alignment across our engineering, engine and product teams
What We're Looking For
- Extensive Knowledge of rendering- and datapiplines inside UE4 and other DCCs.
- Ability to shape linear animation specific pipelines
- A keen analytical mind with strong problem-solving skills
- Hands-on experience using the Unreal Engine in several core aspects eg. C++, Blueprint, Rendering, Optimization, Python, Sequencer, Movie Render Queue, Control Rig etc.
- 4+ years of experience in Unreal Engine
- Demonstrated ability to exhibit amazing problem solving skills daily, viewing each new problem as an opportunity for success
- Track record of approaching challenges creatively and methodically, seeing them through to final resolution
- Ability to communicate with varying levels of stakeholders and build relationships effectively
- Detail-oriented with strong English language communication skills; both verbal and written
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 3,000+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer.