What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Engineering at Epic
You will work as a Solution Architect in the Games vertical of our Unreal Engine business development and sales group for Europe. In this one of a kind role, you will work with licensees and potential licensees to help them understand the value of the Unreal Engine, communicate new features, roadmaps, insights, best practices and hold the developer relations. You will assess the needs for their projects and handle the contacts with some of our biggest games studios. Some travel will be involved.
In this role, you will
- Engage in short-term engagements with clients, assessing their needs for adoption and success with UE
- Demonstrate the value of the Unreal Engine in solving game development specific challenges
- Effectively identify customer needs and risks, outlining deliverables and scoping work to address them
- Recommend workflows and optimizations based on industry expertise and best practices
- Work with Business Development and Support to develop effective onboarding plans and assist in implementing as needed
- Partner with technical resources in Support, engaging assistance onsite or remotely when appropriate
- Monitor progress against plans and deliverables, effectively communicating progress and managing scope
- Provide mentoring and hands-on training for clients in partnership with the training studios and partnered support.
- Communicate effectively to a variety of stakeholders, both internally and externally, keeping them informed and effectively delivering high-touch support.
- Collaborate well and grow cross-functional relationships to ensure alignment across our engineering, engine and product teams
What we’re looking for
- Hands-on experience using the Unreal Engine in several core aspects eg. C++, Blueprint, Rendering, Optimization, etc.
- 4+ years of experience in game development with at least one UE title shipped. (Preferably a AAA UE title.)
- Extensive experience with console development would be beneficial. (e.g. PS4, PS5, Xbox Series S/X, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch)
- Demonstrated ability to exhibit amazing problem solving skills daily, viewing each new problem as an opportunity for success
- Track record of approaching challenges creatively and methodically, seeing them through to final resolution
- Ability to communicate with varying levels of stakeholders and build relationships effectively
- Strong engineering or art/content background
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love we have for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.