Software Tester - Web (Contract)
Epic Games is looking for a contract Web QA/Integration Tester. This position will be testing websites associated with Epic products. They will be part of a small agile QA team supporting and embedded in our team of back-end and web engineers.
Our Web Testers understand customer usage models and are able to develop test plans and test cases that approximate real-world environments and scenarios. They create and execute tests, and are responsible for driving our software development process towards quality-centric methodologies while ensuring the highest quality product delivery.
Web QA Testers have the opportunity to work with a number of leading-edge technologies and are at the forefront of customer innovation and experience. The ideal candidate gets excited about manual testing on different web browsers including on mobile devices validating the best possible user experience. They also have the ability to break software in unexpected ways. Candidates are flexible, self-directed, and understand quality assurance procedures.
- Working with engineers/producers to plan upcoming testing needs
- Working with engineers/producers to define the acceptance criteria of new features and improvements
- Writing, updating, and executing test cases (with a focus on best user experience) across multiple websites and web applications
- Creating precise defect reports for any issues found during testing
- Executing various testing techniques across websites and web applications to ensure the highest possible quality of products before release
- Analyzing and troubleshooting reported defects and internal issues
- Identifying risks to testing goals and escalating/planning accordingly
- Monitoring, managing and communicating with developers on defects
- Reporting on testing efforts and results daily and weekly for assigned projects
- 2+ years of websites testing experience in an agile environment
- Experience with defect tracking software
- Understanding of key components of a good test case
- Understanding of key components of a good defect report
- A basic technical understanding of web technologies
- Solid understanding of test methodologies and iterative development
- Solid experience in compatibility/usability testing
- Have successfully contributed to the release of high quality products
- Good experience with browsers based dev tools
- Understanding of accounts, cookies, sessions, SSO
- Experience with REST API testing
- Experience with Jira/ Testrail
- Familiarity with content management systems
- Prior experience with Test automation tools such as Selenium, Postman is a plus
- Proven ability to work in an iterative/Agile environment with ability to juggle multiple projects
This is going to be Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here .