Software Development Engineer in Test
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
ENGINEERING AT EPIC
WHAT WE DO
Unreal projects have been leading the pack of real-time entertainment with our constantly growing team of engineering experts. We’re always improving on the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
LIKE WHAT YOU HEAR? YOU CAN BE EPIC.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET). In this role you will be a leader in developing automated test solutions for various unreal projects. If you are passionate about utilizing automation to improve quality, performance, test coverage, and developer efficiency then we’d love to talk with you!
In this role, you will
- Implement automation tests around key game systems and features.
- Identify opportunities for leveraging automation across Epic Games
- Provide coaching and mentorship to junior and mid-level SDET engineers.
- Task other developers as necessary to complete work to an agreed-upon schedule and quality.
- Act as a vision holder for maintaining a “testable software” mentality at Epic Games.
- Extend or design automation frameworks and tools as necessary.
- Work with software engineers on the Fortnite and Unreal Engine teams to ensure features are written as testable units.
- Collaborate with QA to develop automation processes that are robust, reliable, and easy to use.
What we’re looking for
- Experience developing automation/performance tools.
- Deep knowledge of how game engines work; Experience with either UE4/Unity or a custom internal game engine.
- Experience in leading and mentoring other developers.
- Experience of CIS systems such as Jenkins, Team City, etc.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Experience with DCC authoring tools (3dMax, Maya, etc..)
- Proficient communication skills at the individual and team level.
- Experience working with multiple platforms.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.