Senior Technical Writer
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Documentation At Epic
What We Do
Unreal Engine is constantly evolving its toolset, releasing new technologies to meet the needs of various industries including gaming, virtual production, automotive and engineering, and more. We on the documentation team are responsible for keeping our documentation up to date. This includes improving existing documentation, documenting new features, and identifying gaps to fill to improve our depth and completeness.
Technical Writers at Epic really get a chance to dive into the technology, learning our areas of expertise. We work closely with engineers and developers to produce the best final product.
What You'll Do
We’re looking for a Technical Writer with a passion for technology. You will learn one particular area of the Unreal Engine, becoming an integrated part of the development process. You’ll work with others on the documentation team to help edit each other’s work, ensuring we all maintain our styles and standards across the team.
In This Role You Will
- Identify and meet customer needs for technical documentation, best practices, and other instructional content
- Own the quality of the documentation for assigned areas of the product
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of your domain, and share it freely with colleagues and customers
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement through peer reviews
- Collaborate with development, support, and QA engineers to enhance the documentation
- Help shape the user experience by suggesting improvements to new features and workflows
- Plan future documentation in your domain, organizing your plans in Jira and then tracking progress of tasks towards completion
What We're Looking For
- Demonstrated aptitude for quickly learning and understanding new technologies
- Keen technical curiosity, with outstanding research and problem-solving skills
- Ability to break down complex technical subjects and present them in an approachable way
- Clear and concise writing, with the ability to tailor style and vocabulary to the audience
- Strong drive to succeed and hunger for interesting challenges
- Commitment to following and improving team processes and style standard
Nice To Have Skills
- 3+ years of professional experience as a writer or content manager
- Familiarity with web technologies and web-based content creation tools
- Programming skills in any language
- An eye for visuals and graphic design, and familiarity with image editing tools
- Experience with other methods of presenting learning content, such as recorded video tutorials, live video streams, or instructor-led training
- Experience with 3D content in the game industry, or in another setting like design visualization, simulation training, or film production
Got a mix of the skills and qualifications listed above? We’d love to hear from you. Please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch!
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
We pay 100% for benefits for both employees and dependents and offer coverage for supplemental medical, dental, vision, critical illness, telemedicine, Life and AD&D, long term disability insurance as well as weekly indemnity (short term disability), retirement savings plan, EAP (employee assistance program), meals and transportation.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 3,000+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.