Senior Technical Artist
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Art at Epic
What we do
Push your artistic talent to the limit on a team of world-class environment, character and concept artists who strive to innovate and inspire.
What you’ll do
Senior Technical Artist (Environment LookDev) helps to advance the rendering of the environment. In this role you'll write shading code, create shading networks, tune materials, and collaborate with the artists and programmers.
In this role, you will
- Develop the look of the environment
- Write shading code, create shading networks, and procedurally generate data
- Create tools that improve the workflow and streamline the art production pipelines
- Work closely with artists and engineers to develop more advanced rendering techniques
- Support the Environment team in debugging issues within the game, tools, etc.
- Help drive framerate and memory optimization of environment art
What we’re looking for
- Strong experience with HLSL or GLSL shading languages
- Ability to write robust code and shading networks, both from a functional and architectural standpoint
- An advanced knowledge of environment shading, lighting, and material response
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- A critical aesthetic eye for matching reference and producing feature film quality assets
- Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Nice to have skills
- Experience with real-time game engines
- Experience Substance Designer, and/or Substance Painter
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love we have for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.