Senior Software Engineer - Streaming
Epic is seeking a Senior Data Engineer to help build and manage our big data streaming technologies. You'll be deeply involved with optimizing our existing streaming services, evaluating new technologies, managing cloud infrastructure and more. Our ingestion pipelines peak at over 90GB per minute. If you’re interested in working with data at massive scale, let’s chat.
- Building and supporting highly available streaming services, written in Java / Scala using Apache Flink
- Developing and operating applications on distributed NoSQL key-value stores such as HBase, DynamoDB or FoundationDB
- Managing cloud infrastructure launched in AWS via Terraform
- Participating in an on-call rotation for Epic Games streaming tech stack
- Evaluating new technologies and components of the big data ecosystem for inclusion in our environment
- Experience building high throughput Java / Scala streaming services using technologies such as Flink or Spark
- Strong understanding of distributed message brokers such as Kafka and Kinesis
- Experience with performance tuning of distributed computing technologies at massive scale
- Experience working with AWS services such as Kinesis, EC2, EMR, RDS via infrastructure as code technologies
- Experience working with high throughput, distributed NoSQL databases
- Capable of independently performing root cause analysis on high throughput systems
This is going to be Epic!