WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Corporate Development at Epic Games
What We Do
The Corporate Development team is responsible for sourcing, evaluating, negotiating, and executing M&A and investment opportunities. As a member of the team, you will collaborate with Epic’s senior leadership on the Company's inorganic growth strategy across all of its businesses.
What You'll Do
As a Senior Manager, Corporate Development, you will develop investment themes on new markets, propose M&A/investment ideas, and work with product and engineering teams to evaluate potential targets. As a deal team member, you will help coordinate the M&A process, working closely with functional leaders across finance, legal, sales, tax, HR, and Integration to build financial/valuation models, drive due diligence, develop post-acquisition KPIs, and help define an integration/operating plan. This position provides unparalleled exposure to senior executives and knowledge building around an incredibly dynamic space.
In This Role You Will
- Partner with business leaders on strategy development, including identifying product gaps, evaluating build/buy/partner options, and collaborating on target selection criteria
- Research new markets, identify key trends, and translate data into actionable insights
- Source M&A and investment opportunities, and manage relationships with potential targets
- Partner with key business leaders to evaluate opportunities and drive to informed decisions
- Support M&A and investment opportunities through negotiation, execution, and due diligence, including financial modeling and valuation
- Guide and support post acquisition integration efforts
- Develop network of industry contacts, venture capital firms, and investment banking/advisory executives to bring knowledge of market trends and opportunities to bear on strategic discussions
What We're Looking For
- Demonstrated track record of helping drive a broad range of M&A deal types
- Experience in technology; prior understanding of gaming, entertainment, and/or software highly desired
- Experience in a mix of investment banking, private equity/venture capital, and/or corporate development, with ability to demonstrate exceptional strategic thinking
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams through deal stages
- Strong analytical skills with extensive valuation/financial modeling experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to influence across the organization
- Ability to effectively build relationships with internal and external partners
- Strong self-starter; ability to champion opportunities and drive to decisions
- Ability to train and mentor junior team members
- Top-tier undergraduate degree required
- Top-tier MBA preferred
- Investment banking analyst or associate backgrounds encouraged
- Gaming industry experience not required
- You’re user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match and profit share. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 3,000+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.