Senior Full Stack Developer
Epic Games is hiring a Senior Full Stack Developer for the Reliability Engineering team focusing on building services and tooling to improve reliability for our platforms, games and online services. This role will focus on writing tools and implementing services that help keep us online and will work with many development teams across Epic. While the majority of this role is development, this team works across a broad spectrum of our platform and has many responsibilities.
In the role of a Full Stack Developer you will spend your time developing front end and back end services for Reliability Engineering services and participating in regular team responsibilities such as production readiness and incident review.
At Epic we embrace a Service Owner (You build it, you run it) mentality. In this role we are stewards for operational excellence and we are service owners for tools, systems and services that we build.
Our team’s mission is to keep our games and platform up and running.
Post Incident Review
There is always an interesting form of something not working as we expect. We focus on how we learn from these production surprises and improve our systems and processes to be more reliable over time. We work with a diverse set of development teams on helping understand incidents.
Production, Event and Launch Readiness
We run large scale production events and we work with many teams on readiness and operational excellence. We own the process and review for service and product launches and game events.
Development focused on Reliability
While we help with incidents and readiness, we also work on engineering related to tooling, services or other systems and processes that can improve our systems reliability.
We do this by...
- Building tooling to make service ownership easier.
- Facilitating and following up with learnings from incidents.
- Work across the organization to help distribute learnings or help in understanding the entire ecosystem.
- Deep diving into systems to understand risk and communicate this outward to teams or leadership.
- Fixing things that are broken - our landscape is wide and vast
- Connecting the dots between groups for experience or knowledge sharing
- Tracking progress of focus areas over time
- Providing recommendations to teams while also getting our “hands dirty”
What you’ll do…
- Write code and develop systems and services that help us with operational excellence. Most of our tools will require web interfaces and APIs.
- Contribute to services, tools and code across the organization that focuses on our team goals.
- Help develop best practices across our organization and tools that help us distribute those.
- Work with development teams on understanding systems and helping them be successful with service ownership.
- Work on cloud based services in AWS.
Who you are…
- You have experience with a diverse set of languages, systems and services, but comfortable writing Golang on backends and front end technologies such as Vue, React, etc.
- You have working cross functionally or across a large number of teams in an organization.
- You have experience working with and building reliable services on AWS.
- A passion for the reliability engineering space.
- Strong preference for candidates who are already in, or are willing to relocate to Cary, NC or Seattle, WA
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.