Senior Financial Analyst - Strategic Finance
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, the world’s largest game with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is being adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, and manufacturing for visualization and simulation. Epic has over 2,200 employees across 35 offices worldwide with headquarters in Cary, North Carolina.
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences or delivering the platform and services that empower game developers to make better games, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community, developers, and gamers. We’re constantly iterating to raise the bar of the best-in-class game development and the most creative game ecosystem, all Epic.
Strategic Finance At Epic
The Strategic Finance team is responsible for working closely with Epic’s business units to create and maintain short- and long-term financial forecasts as well as provide continuous reporting on performance. These financial forecasts will be underpinned by KPIs and reflect the highly iterative and evolving strategies of the business. Together with business leaders, you will determine business targets to meet our objectives and put in place systems to measure and report on performance. Through analysis and market research you will help prioritize initiatives and roadmap plans, evaluate financial and strategic return on investment, prioritize across the Company’s portfolio of opportunities, help plan resourcing, monitor KPIs to benchmarks, and manage the business units’ financials. You will align the financial and business goals across the organization and provide visibility as well as transparency to executives on financial performance, KPIs, and operating metrics.
- Build short and long-term financial models underpinned by KPIs to support business unit and company strategy
- Partner with business leaders to identify and measure short and long term strategic, financial, and operating targets
- Provide visibility to financial performance of the business unit through continuous and consistent reporting including key drivers of change in the financial forecast
- Identify short- and long-term financial and operating targets in partnership with business leaders
- Leverage financial modeling to assess the opportunity and profitability of key business initiatives
- Determine KPIs to measure the success of the business units and assess key initiatives
- Communicate regularly with the Head of Strategic Finance and other leaders to provide financial insights and direction
- Support core FP&A activities such as quarterly forecasting and annual planning for respective business unit
- Drive organic and inorganic growth initiatives through planning, financial modeling, resourcing, and support managing the initiatives through success
- Support related M&A diligence efforts and post-acquisition integration efforts
- Develop a network of industry contacts, collection of research resources to bring knowledge of market trends, benchmarks, and opportunities to bear on strategic decisions
Qualifications / Experience:
- 3-5 years of investment banking, private equity and/or MBB management consulting experience
- Experience collaborating with business unit leaders and driving forecasting, initiative planning and execution
- Experience in technology; prior understanding of gaming, entertainment, and/or software highly desired
- Strong analytical skills with extensive valuation/financial modeling experience and working with large data sets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to influence across the organization
- Ability to distill complex analyses into insights that drive action
- Ability to effectively build relationships with internal and external partners
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 3,000+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.