Senior Concept Artist
This position is open in multiple locations across North America including (but not limited to): Cary, NC, Los Angeles, CA, San Francisco, CA, New York City, NY, Austin, TX, Seattle, WA
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What we do
Push your artistic talent to the limit on a team of world-class environment, character and concept artists who strive to innovate and inspire.
What you’ll do
Epic is looking for a talented Sr. Concept Artist to help us continue to shape the future of Fortnite. As Sr. Concept Artist you will work with the development teams to create memorable environments along with unique and compelling characters that exude personality and style. You will use your artistic expertise in color, composition, shape, and visual design to help push our iconic visual style. Your craft expertise in both character and environment design will provide the inspiration which will continue to push the boundaries of what Fornite means to our players.
In this role, you will
- Collaborate closely with the Art Directors and core development team to drive and visualize many different types of content across the Fortnite universe
- Provide timely & detailed feedback for the concept art team and outsourcing vendors
- Coordinate with other art, design, and production teams to help accomplish the goals of the product
What we’re looking for
- Character design focused portfolio that demonstrates a knowledge of costume designs, real world fashion and character development
- Deep understanding and expertise of fundamental art principles (color, composition, value/ lighting, anatomy, form, perspective).
- Ability to showcase polished stylized character illustrations and demonstrate drawing and painting abilities that translate well into 3D models
- Strong knowledge of human anatomy and ability to create character designs in different styles
- Strong alignment with customer needs and satisfaction
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Effective leader, collaborator, and problem solver with the ability to coordinate with internal and external teams (outsourced partners and freelancers)
- Experience in UE4/5 is a plus
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 3,000+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.