(Closed) Senior Backend Engineer - Social
Epic Online is seeking a senior backend engineer.
We are passionate about empowering developers to make great games, and helping players to safely and easily enjoy them.
Our team builds cross-platform services for game developers. We focus on social services, which encompasses complex problems related to social graphs and various interactions.
As a member of our team, you will craft highly available, high throughput, low latency services at scale. You will work with synchronous services and asynchronous services, persistent connection services, and a variety of other systems. These will all help to power our internal games (like Fortnite) and empower external development teams all over the world.
If this sounds exciting, we would love to talk.
- Experience solving impactful technical challenges; we look for people who can assess a challenge, craft a scalable architecture, and run with implementation
- JVM experience (we use Java, Scala)
- Experience managing cloud services at scale (we use AWS)
- Service ownership experience; the ability to run, troubleshoot, and deploy your own services (we use Kubernetes, Terraform)
- Experience with SQL and nonrelational databases (we use Dynamo, Redis)
- Nice to have: Experience with Websockets or other server push models, search engines, graph databases
This is going to be Epic!