(Closed) Platform Programmer
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Engineering at Epic
What we do
Unreal-powered projects have been on the bleeding edge of real-time entertainment for over 20 years. Our team of engineering experts is always innovating to improve the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What you’ll do
We are looking for a generalist Platform Programmer passionate about writing world-class, AAA game engine platform support. You will be able to design and implement platform APIs, guide cross-platform API development, and create robust platform toolchains as required by the demands of a variety of both gaming and non-gaming related projects. If you're an experienced engineer looking for an opportunity to grow and contribute to our engine and feature development across multiple platforms, we want to talk to you!
In this role, you will
- Implement and improve various low-level systems that interface with platform APIs, i.e. memory allocators (physical and virtual), file systems, input systems, graphics APIs, etc/
- Analyze and continuously strive to solve and optimize problems related to a modern game engine (load times, memory usage and platform specific performance issues)
- Make improvements to platform toolchains, i.e. compiler/linker support, deployment to device, SDK upgrades, platform specific data management tools, debugger integration, crash reporting, etc.
- Support external customers
What we’re looking for
- Strong programming background and C++ knowledge.
- Experience with a broad range of engineering areas in shipping games or real-time visualization systems, with special attention given to low-level code and deep optimization
- Experience with OS level systems on PC, console, or mobile
- Well-versed in software engineering principles, especially API design
- Familiarity with an existing game engine with an understanding of engine and editor concepts
- Familiarity with development tools and profiling on modern systems, including PC, console, and mobile
- Experience developing in a large codebase at a fast pace, making trade-offs between usability, performance, and power
- Prior shipped projects with UE4 is a plus
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
Our employees enjoy complimentary drinks, snacks, and lunches, and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love we have for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy.