Platform Engineer Internship
Epic Games Unreal Engine Platform Team is looking for a smart, creative Linux Platform Engineer Intern to join them for fall 2020 or spring 2021. Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
This team is responsible for enhancing and maintaining core systems of Unreal Engine 4 with a focus on the Linux platform for things such as the editor tools framework and many of the user facing tools used to build content. You will work directly with the brightest technical minds in the business as we build the premier game engine for multiple platforms.
- Working closely with many teams to create and improve engine features for the Linux platform
- Contributing innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of the platform development
- Improving existing features in the engine editor
- Investigating and fixing bugs to improve the overall editor experience
- Degree work in CS or related fields
- Strong knowledge and skills with either C++ or Linux/C
- An interest in Linux kernel programming is a plus
- Performance minded development and optimization skills
- Strong communication and follow-through, working with others to develop and iterate on features/tools
- We would like to see samples of your technical work online: competitive candidates will have work examples that include, but are not limited to, coding within Unreal Engine, rendering, building tools, GUIs, or OS related projects.
This is a paid, remote internship for fall/spring 2020/2021. All candidates must be eligible to work 40 hours per week within North America.
This is going to be Epic!