(Closed) Online Programmer Internship
Epic Games Online Game Services Team is looking for a smart, creative Online Programmer Intern to join them for summer 2020. Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
The Online Game Services (OGS) Team is responsible for the online plugins in Unreal Engine 4 which are used by both licensees and our own internal game teams for connecting to online services. This allows games like Fortnite to utilize a combination of platform online services as well as Epic’s own online services to build cross-platform online features. Login, parties, voice chat, matchmaking, purchasing, cloud storage, and analytics are just a few examples of online features that the OGS team helps games utilize.
- Working closely with the Online Game Services team (OGS) to contribute to Epic’s internal game projects by architecting, developing, and maintaining shared online technology in the Unreal Engine.
- Contributing to everything from UE4's HTTP interface, to matchmaking systems, to custom online features for Epic's games, and much more.
- You will work closely with Team Online (our core online services team) to represent the interests and development requirements of the game teams (which are often different from typical web development).
- Developing solutions to various technical challenges under deadlines
- Degree work in CS or related fields: active students and recent grads are encouraged to apply
- Strong C++ at minimum, Java skills a plus
- Knowledge and interest in networking, distributed systems, and back-end services
- Evidence of programming work in a student or internship environment, or demonstrable amateur game. We want to see examples of your code and ability to develop online features and tools
- An analytical mind with strong problem-solving skills
- Exposure with cloud technologies, preferably AWS cloud services is preferred
- Having RESTful web services experience is a bonus
- Top candidates will have some exposure to UE4 or similar game engine
This is a paid internship, running May 26 through August 14. All candidates must be eligible to work 40 hours per week on site in Cary. Intern recruitment for summer 2020 roles will run through February 2020, or until teams find an ideal match.
This is going to be Epic!