Lead Tools Programmer (Unreal Editor)
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Engineering at Epic
What we do
Unreal-powered projects have been on the bleeding edge of real-time entertainment for over 20 years. Our team of engineering experts are always innovating to improve the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What you'll do
Epic Games is looking for a Lead Engineer who is passionate about developing world-class tools for game artists and designers. You will lead a team of highly talented engineers and participate in the design and implementation of new engine and editor features for the Unreal Editor. You should have an endless list of ideas for improving the game development pipeline and adding exciting new features to the engine. You will make a direct impact on the productivity of others by leading the development of user-facing tools for one of the leading game engines used by developers across the world.
In this role, you will
- Lead a team of highly skilled software engineers focusing on the core features of the Unreal Editor
- Design and implement tools and engine features for Unreal Engine
- Build and maintain bridges with other stakeholders to realize this vision
- Fix bugs and maintain the Unreal Engine code base
- Analyze and fix common problems in a game engine such as load times, memory usage, and performance problems
- Support external customers by answering their requests and questions
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years of experience leading engineering teams
- Experience shipping multiple large game projects
- Excellent C++ skills
- Well versed in software engineering principles
- Experience writing UI's with a toolkit such as WPF, QT, Slate (UE4 UI system)
- Familiarity with multiple platforms and/or Unreal Engine 4 is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate fluently in English (written and verbal)
- Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love we have for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games valorise profondément la diversité des équipes et une culture de travail inclusive, et nous sommes fiers d'être un employeur garantissant l'égalité des chances. En savoir plus sur notre politique d'égalité des chances en matière d'emploi (EEO) ici .
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here .