Lead Cloud Engineer
Epic Games is looking for someone to lead our Dedicated Server Fleet Management team and build the automation platform that manages our globally distributed fleet of game servers to provide the best possible experience to players worldwide.
- Provide technical leadership, mentoring, and architectural guidance for the Dedicated Server Fleet Management team
- Work with your team and Online Services leadership to develop the product vision and roadmap for the fleet management platform
- Build and operate the automation platform that deploys, scales, and manages Epic’s globally distributed fleets of dedicated game servers
- Define, collect, and report on service quality and efficiency metrics to drive continuous improvement
- Work across teams to optimize reliability, performance, latency, and efficiency of game server fleets
- Provide service ownership for the fleet management platform and support 24x7 operations
- Follow industry trends and maintain a strong interest in emerging technology and best practices
- Deep experience with cloud infrastructure automation using public cloud APIs, especially AWS
- Experience building online services using modern best practices
- Strong Linux fundamentals and systems automation experience
- Experience with REST services, and familiarity with NoSQL/SQL database concepts
- Solid software development fundamentals in Go/Java/Python/Ruby with a preference for candidates with Go experience
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Understanding of distributed systems fundamentals (communication models, synchronization, consistency, etc)
- Experience building, deploying, and operating services large scale
Please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!