iOS Platform Engineer (Unreal Engine)
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Engineering at Epic
What We Do
Unreal-powered projects have been on the bleeding edge of real-time entertainment for over 20 years. Our team of engineering experts are always innovating to improve the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What You'll Do
We are searching for a Mobile Platform Engineer to support the Unreal Engine working with high-end mobile platforms. In this role, you’ll work closely with a wide range of internal teams to improve the experience of shipping Unreal Engine games and products on iOS. The ideal candidate has a deep love of problem-solving, loves learning new systems and APIs, and has experience driving optimizations on platforms with constrained hardware.
In This Role You Will
- Help advance Unreal Engine to improve the iOS game development experience for hundreds of developers at Epic and thousands of Unreal Engine subscribers around the world
- Optimise C++ workflows and content-wrangling pipelines
- Make significant improvements to the workflow for professional developers making high-end mobile games using Unreal Engine
- Work with our partners to bring the latest mobile technologies to Unreal Engine
- Optimise and problem solving to help ship Epic’s internal mobile titles
- Improving workflow and user experience
What We're Looking For
- Extensive experience with C++
- Excellent understanding of the iOS platform ecosystem
- Professional game or engine development experience on mobile
- Experience using mobile toolchains, build systems, development tools and platform APIs
- Experience working on platform-level systems such as I/O, input handling, memory management, patching, deployment, third-party libraries, and framework integration, etc
- Exposure to mobile rendering and mobile GPU implementations in modern mobile devices
- You’re user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 3,000+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.