(Closed) Gameplay Programmer Internship (Fortnite Performance)
Epic Games Fortnite Performance Team is looking for a smart, creative Gameplay Programmer Intern to join them for summer 2020. Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
This team is responsible for identifying and solving framerate and memory issues in Fortnite. You will work directly with the brightest technical minds in the business as we improve Fortnite on a multitude of platforms.
- Profiling and analyzing for performance issues
- Converting blueprints to faster C++
- Solving general CPU and memory challenges under deadlines
- Investigating and fixing bugs
- Degree work in CS or related fields
- Work samples (indie, academic, hobby project etc.)
- Strong C++ knowledge
- Demonstrated interest in game development
- Basic understanding of gameplay in a game engine: core system tasks, such as graphics, tools, audio/video, networking, memory handling, script compilers, I/O, etc.
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine 4 and Blueprints
This is a paid internship, running May 26 through August 14. All candidates must be eligible to work 40 hours per week on site in Cary. Intern recruitment for summer 2020 roles will run through February 2020, or until teams find an ideal match.
This is going to be Epic!