(Closed) Gameplay Programmer Internship - Fortnite
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Gameplay Programmer Internship - Fortnite
Epic Games is on the lookout for smart, dynamic interns to join our dev teams. When you join Epic you'll join a team that's pushing the limits of gaming and interactive. From Unreal Engine and Fortnite, to TwinMotion and the Epic Games Store, you'll contribute to the unrelenting focus on innovation, quality and community that defines us.
Epic Games Fortnite Team is looking for multiple Gameplay Programmer Interns to join them in 2022. This team is responsible for developing new gameplay to bring the world of Fortnite to life. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to work across multiple areas of Fortnite to build and support new and current game features.
Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
- Work closely with art and design to create and iterate on existing game features
- Prototype new game features
- Support the technical excellence of Fortnite on multiple platforms
- Optimize and fix bugs in existing game systems
- Contribute ideas toward all aspects of the game’s production and development
- Write robust, maintainable C++ code
- Strong C++ knowledge is a must
- Portfolio showcasing projects of gameplay coding utilizing C++
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine and understanding of blueprints
- Passionate about game development and Epic Games products, specifically Fortnite
- Exceptional communication skills and experience working within a team
- Able to react and respond effectively to coding feedback
This is a paid, remote internship for 2022. All candidates must be eligible to work 40 hours per week remotely.
Recruitment will run until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic Internships, visit our website.
This is going to be Epic!
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 3,000+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy