WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What You’ll Do
The Fortnite team is seeking Game Systems Programmers to build out exciting new challenges and rewards for our players. These systems will not only extend the possibilities in Battle Royale but form a foundation for experiences in the coming metaverse. Join us now and build the future! We will consider enthusiastic, driven coders at all experience levels.
- Strong grasp of C++ / tech fundamentals
- Talent for building robust, extensible, maintainable systems
- Ability to fight through ambiguity and get stuff done
- Ability or future potential to drive technical initiatives
- Willingness to deep dive on metagame systems, not just moment to moment action
- Enjoy working with cross-discipline, geographically distributed team
Nice To Have Skills:
- Exposure to full stack development, from UI through backend
- Experience or willingness to learn Java backend for player progression
- Experience delivering tools to a design team
- Profiling and optimization skills
- Live service game experience / cool under pressure debugging live issues
- Unreal engine experience
- Enthusiastic Fortnite player
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 3,000+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.