Game Designer - Battle Pass
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating. Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic.
Design at Epic
What you’ll do
Epic Games is looking for senior-level game designers to join our team working on products and experiences such as the Battle Pass. Your objective will be to engage and motivate players throughout the length of Fortnite seasons and events with rewards and goals for various avenues of play. You’ll be part of a cross-discipline development team that crafts passes and events, as well as a primary visionholder that interfaces with supporting departments.
In this role, you will
- Own the design, vision, and outcome for progression products and events such as the Battle Pass.
- Conceive, communicate, and represent a vision and plan to team members of all crafts.
- Continually drive to raise the quality bar for players engaging with passes, events, and new experiences while optimizing for key performance metrics.
- Guide supporting teams by setting requirements and providing feedback to maintain product goals or unified vision.
- Interface with product management and marketing teams to ensure player satisfaction and overall game health.
- Collaborate with other feature owners, focusing on the right elements or tradeoffs to achieve complementary results for all seasonal content.
- Create design documents and planning boards that are authoritative and informative to varied disciplines.
- Attend product reviews and UX tests to provide and receive feedback or direction.
- Work closely with production to identify, prioritize, assign, and evaluate work.
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years experience shipping multiple titles as a designer working on progression and/or reward systems.
- Experience designing engagement solutions for GaaS model.
- Passion for games with a wide breadth of game knowledge.
- Demonstrated talent for empathizing with players and a deep understanding of player motivations, especially over multiple sessions of play.
- Strong interest in BR and multiplayer games with an understanding of what makes them work.
- Organized leader who can structure and plan their own work, as well as communicate their needs and expectations outwardly to other individuals and teams.
- Solution oriented problem solver who can react quickly to changing project needs and drive to decisions.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
We offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy